MP3 Audio cue issues

nerdvernacular

This is the first time I've tried burning an mp3 audio cd using imgburn. I created a cue, but once all tracks were added, I got a popup error saying "Track Number Out of Range!"... I have about 125 tracks and just under 700mb worth of mp3's (over 80 minutes) to put on a 702mb cd-r. The cue is created, but when I try to load it, that same message pops up and it won't go through. Am I missing something in the settings? I've created plenty of mp3 cd's in the past with similar numbers of tracks and with a similar filesize in other software with no issue. I was hoping to get the hang of the process in imgburn.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by nerdvernacular

If your creating a MP3 music disc,

you need to burn your MP3 files as normal data...

so create a data disc...

If you want to create a Compac Disc Audio out of your MP3 files,

use the create CUE file method....

If you want an Audio CD that plays on any standard CD player and DVD players then you're limited to 80 minutes of audio and up to 99 tracks.

Now if you want to burn a mp3 CD then you can store any number of files up to ~700mb, but the disc will only play in DVD players or CD players with MP3 support.

If you want an Audio CD that plays on any standard CD player and DVD players then you're limited to 80 minutes of audio and up to 99 tracks.

Now if you want to burn a mp3 CD then you can store any number of files up to ~700mb, but the disc will only play in DVD players or CD players with MP3 support.

I tried the file method, but my car stereo wouldn't read it (I believe I had it set at ISSO9660+Joliet).. On the other hand, I've burned mp3 audio cd's with Nero and AShampoo with no issues.

Dig out a disc you burnt with one of those other apps and look at it in Read mode within ImgBurn. Tell us what's listed in the 'Source' box.

The true Audio CD option will never work with 125 tracks. Even if you cut it down to 99, you'd still be over the 80 mins available on a CD (unless all the tracks are something like 50 seconds long!).

Did you burn AND verify the MP3 data disc you tried to burn with ImgBurn? If so, copy + paste that log please.

Do you have a manual for your car stereo? They normally tell you how they need discs to be burnt for MP3 playback etc.

Dig out a disc you burnt with one of those other apps and look at it in Read mode within ImgBurn. Tell us what's listed in the 'Source' box.

The true Audio CD option will never work with 125 tracks. Even if you cut it down to 99, you'd still be over the 80 mins available on a CD (unless all the tracks are something like 50 seconds long!).

Did you burn AND verify the MP3 data disc you tried to burn with ImgBurn? If so, copy + paste that log please.

Do you have a manual for your car stereo? They normally tell you how they need discs to be burnt for MP3 playback etc.

The info in the source box reads-

LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PS09 (ATA)

Current Profile: CD-R

Disc Information:

As for the log- Here it is-

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 356,231

Size: 729,561,088 bytes

Time: 79:11:56 (MM:SS:FF)

File System Information:

Sectors: 356,231

Size: 729,561,088 bytes

Time: 79:11:56 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:

Session 1... (LBA: 0 - 356230)

-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 356230)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 356231)

Track Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, TS: 356229, LRA: 356228)

ATIP Information:

Disc ID: 97m15s17f

Manufacturer: Ritek Co.

Start Time of LeadIn: 97m15s17f

Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s70f

Filesys= ISO9660, Joliet

I'll have to look through the log, there's a bunch of other irrelevant stuff in the txt file for other things I've burned.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.