play burned dvd in normal dvd player?

speedy

i have an old dvd player that cant play my mpg files...

is it possible somehow to change mpg file to another one so that my dvd player can read the files?

(not the dvd player in the computer, but the one for the tv :rolleyes: )

hmm... thats weird... i tried to convert the movie "bend it like beckham" and tried it on my dvd player... but it said "bad disc or bad file"

i downloaded: Download [ DivXToDVD Converter 0.5.2b - Freeware ]

site: http://www.free-codecs.com/DivXToDVD_download.htm

tried that a few times and wasted a few dvd's, but the dvd player said the same thing over and over again....

anyone know what to do? :wacko:

ehm... i tried to use imgburn too... but im not sure what kinda program i want and how to do it...

i figured out myself that i needed to use the program "folder 2 iso"... then burn that with imgburn... but well, the last result was that i got a zip file...

its like, what the heck do i need a zip file? i just want to burn a movie into dvd that old dvd players can read and play....

so its maybe just me choosing the wrong program or its me using the program wrong :/

hopeless... dont know what to do right now...

i figured out myself that i needed to use the program "folder 2 iso"... then burn that with imgburn... but well, the last result was that i got a zip file...

How in fcuks name did you end up with a zip file using the above programme?

If you're converting mpg's, folder2iso is not what you need, you need the other one. The one that shamus gave you a link to.

as for the media, if you've got +R media you may need to change the book type DVD-ROM for your old player to recognise it. But one thing at a time.

You need to successfully convert your files to an ISO before you go any further.

ye sry, that was from another post of mine in imgburn, cuz the imgburn didnt wanna read the files...

also, i used the convert file that shamus gave me...

i downloaded that and converted a movie...

but then i got 2 BUP-files, 1 VOB-file and 2 IFO-files...

and now, what the hell do i need to do? :S imgburn dont wanna read those files too...

from another post of mine someone told me to download folder 2 iso... but well, that didnt help much....

Until Lightning_UK! releases the new version of ImgBurn, you?re going to have to do it the old fashioned way. 2 ways actually.

1. Download ImgTool *CLASSIC* from www.coujo.de. Create a folder called VIDEO_TS somewhere on your HD and then copy the VOB, BUP and IFO files to it and point ImgTool at the folder to create an ISO image.

2. Download DVD Shrink from http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_so.../dvd_shrink.cfm and OPEN FILES from the tools menu and hit BACKUP. The options window that appears will allow you to create an ISO image.

Both tools are free but donations are appreciated.

If you grab ImgTool ***CLASSIC*** from CouJo?s site, say hi for me. :)

guess what, im back with another problem :P

well, i used dvd lab to make a dvd menu... im finished with creating it,

but somehow dvd shrink wont read the files...

normally im using divx to dvd converter to convert a movie first, then dvd shrink and then burn it with imgburn...

the files for my project (dvd menu) are still BUP,IFO and VOB files... but neither divx converter or dvd shrink will read those files...

dvd shrink gehts an error: DVD shrink encounted an error and cannot continue...

someone got a clue for what i can do? :wacko:

Mate, you really need to do some reading on the basics of DVD authoring and how DVDs function. CD and DVD burning (and shortly, basic ISO and DVD creation) is what the support is here for. More advanced topics like adding menus (which have nothing to do with this software) are outside the scope of this forum as the software used probably has its own support base. (Why should we be the ones troubleshooting problems with commercial software like Nero, TPMGEnc or other authoring packages? If you?ve paid for a product, you are entitled to use the support allocated for it by the owners of said software).

That said, the problem isn?t necessarily with the software you?re using but more the way you?re using it. You can?t create a set of IFO files for your movie and another set of IFOs for your menus and expect it to work without tying them together. IFO files contain basic instructions on where certain information can be found like languages, sound and your movie files. This is what commercial packages like ULead DVD Author do. They create sets of instructions that your software and also your DVD player can read and understand. If you want to create your own movies, menus, background graphics with background music etc.. this is what you need.

Shamus -- listen to Shamus. He knows what he be talking about.

Speedy, at least you have our help.

I had to figure out much of this stuff on my own, stumbling about "like a drunk Indian in the dark." The day I stumbled across THAT WHICH SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED which led me to THE FORUM WHICH SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED was a beautiful day.

Keep pluggin' away. You'll figure it out. You'll burn some coasters, accidentally burn the same home DVD of your Uncle Jean-Luc's 98th birthday twice; as the saying goes, failure teaches more than success. (Funny how only rich people say that...)

One suggestion, if it's not a budget buster, buy a new set-top DVD player. Very good ones can be had for less $200.

Just got myself a new Phillips 1000W surround sound system (finally! something that makes MORE noise than my six yr old daughter!). The DVD player that came with it plays DivX, MPEG2, MPEG1 files, MP3s, WMAs; and also has a USB port and can play media straight from a jump drive or external hdd. It also reads DVD-ROMs (finally I can't use my DVDs with a thousand MP3s on them again!).

All of this cost me less than $200 American at Wal-Mart.

Mate, you really need to do some reading on the basics of DVD authoring and how DVDs function. CD and DVD burning (and shortly, basic ISO and DVD creation) is what the support is here for. More advanced topics like adding menus (which have nothing to do with this software) are outside the scope of this forum as the software used probably has its own support base. (Why should we be the ones troubleshooting problems with commercial software like Nero, TPMGEnc or other authoring packages? If you?ve paid for a product, you are entitled to use the support allocated for it by the owners of said software).

That said, the problem isn?t necessarily with the software you?re using but more the way you?re using it. You can?t create a set of IFO files for your movie and another set of IFOs for your menus and expect it to work without tying them together. IFO files contain basic instructions on where certain information can be found like languages, sound and your movie files. This is what commercial packages like ULead DVD Author do. They create sets of instructions that your software and also your DVD player can read and understand. If you want to create your own movies, menus, background graphics with background music etc.. this is what you need.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.