Session Fixation Error

Groundrush

I searched for anything similar in the forum and there is a recent post in ImgBurn Bugs about errors but from what i read this is not a bug so I'll post here. Over the weekend i burned some files and towards the end of the burn a window i got the error (see Log). :huh:

This was the second burn, the first was uneventful, as was the third and fourth. I've burned since then and all have again been uneventful, anyone have any ideas as to what caused the error, or is it just a one off glitch or something seeing as subsequent burns have all been without incident.... :thumbup:

I 16:53:41 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 16:53:41 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:53:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:53:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:53:41 Found 2 DVD-ROMs, 1 DVD+RW and 1 DVD?RW!

I 16:53:42 Operation Started!

I 16:53:42 Source File: C:\COMPRESSED\DVDVOLUME.ISO

I 16:53:42 Source File Sectors: 1,857,136 (MODE1/2048)

I 16:53:42 Source File Size: 3,803,414,528 bytes

I 16:53:42 Source File Volume Identifier: DVDVOLUME

I 16:53:42 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 16:53:42 Source File UDF Revision: 1.02

I 16:53:42 Destination Device: [0:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S YS0Y (G:) (USB)

I 16:53:42 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: YUDEN000-T02-00) (Speeds: 6x, 8x)

I 16:53:42 Destination Media Sectors: 2,295,104

I 16:53:42 Write Mode: DVD

I 16:53:42 Write Type: DAO

I 16:53:42 Write Speed: MAX

I 16:53:42 Link Size: Auto

I 16:53:42 Test Mode: No

I 16:53:42 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 16:53:42 Filling Buffer...

I 16:53:45 Writing LeadIn...

I 16:54:24 Writing Image...

I 17:00:30 Synchronising Cache...

I 17:00:35 Closing Track...

I 17:00:36 Finalising Disc...

W 17:00:56 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In

W 17:02:13 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In

W 17:02:26 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In

E 17:02:33 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: No Additional Sense Information

I 17:02:33 Exporting Graph Data...

I 17:02:33 Graph Data File: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\ImgBurn Export Data\LITE-ON_DVDRW_SHW-1635S_YS0Y_26-MAY-2006_16-53_YUDEN000-T02-00_MAX.ibg

I 17:02:33 Export Successfully Completed!

I 17:02:33 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:08:50

I 17:02:33 Average Write Rate: 10,176 KB/s (7.3x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,159 KB/s (8.1x)

I 17:02:33 Cycling Tray before Verify...

W 17:02:42 Waiting for device to become ready...

I 17:02:51 Device Ready!

I 17:02:51 Operation Started!

I 17:02:51 Source Device: [0:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S YS0Y (G:) (USB)

I 17:02:51 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD+R) (Disc ID: YUDEN000-T02-00) (Speeds: 6x, 8x)

I 17:02:51 Image File: C:\COMPRESSED\DVDVOLUME.ISO

I 17:02:51 Image File Sectors: 1,857,136 (MODE1/2048)

I 17:02:51 Image File Size: 3,803,414,528 bytes

I 17:02:51 Image File Volume Identifier: DVDVOLUME

I 17:02:51 Image File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 17:02:51 Image File UDF Revision: 1.02

I 17:02:52 Verifying Sectors...

I 17:08:34 Exporting Graph Data...

I 17:08:34 Graph Data File: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\ImgBurn Export Data\LITE-ON_DVDRW_SHW-1635S_YS0Y_26-MAY-2006_16-53_YUDEN000-T02-00_MAX.ibg

I 17:08:34 Export Successfully Completed!

I 17:08:34 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:05:43

I 17:08:34 Average Verify Rate: 10,892 KB/s (7.9x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 15,536 KB/s (11.2x)

I 17:22:44 Close Request Acknowledged

I 17:22:44 Closing Down...

I 17:22:44 Shutting down SPTI...

I 17:22:45 ImgBurn closed!

Edited by Groundrush

Hey Ken, since my initial problems with my poota some months ago i now shutdown all non essential apps' so all that is running are some background processes but nothing major, ie, i disconnect for the net, a/virus, firwall and the likes of are off as this was sucking the power when burning. This is what's confussing me, :unsure: the first, third and fourth well all ok, just this one.......?

As Ken mentioned,

It seems to me I remember a posting weather or not it was early on in the forum or in the old forum or elsewhere about this problem happening. Apparently the PSU was either streatched to the limit for providing constant voltage or it was starting to crap out. As soon as the posters burner would kick in, the lazer couldn't get enough power to operate correctly. Once the PSU was replaced, all was well again. I do believe it was the latter.

Damn wish I could remember where I read this so I could post a link........... :frustrated::frustrated:

It could just be "one of those things", the one thing I would check out though if it keeps doing it is your PSU.

Thanks guys, but I'm afraid this is where my lack of technical knowledge kicks in...... :blush: PSU....???

As Ken mentioned,

It seems to me I remember a posting weather or not it was early on in the forum or in the old forum or elsewhere about this problem happening. Apparently the PSU was either streatched to the limit for providing constant voltage or it was starting to crap out. As soon as the posters burner would kick in, the lazer couldn't get enough power to operate correctly. Once the PSU was replaced, all was well again. I do believe it was the latter.

Damn wish I could remember where I read this so I could post a link........... :frustrated::frustrated:

Try this one Kev. :D

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1431

Thanks again Ken, i was reading the link the other day but seeing as it was posted in the " Bugs Section " i didn't add to the thread. The problem is/was a one off so i didn't consider it a bug but then I'm no expert. Although in the link there are similarities " WaitImmediate IO Error " my problem was

"E 17:02:33 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: No Additional Sense Information"

any idea what the No Additional Sense Information bit is......? :ermm:

No, not realy, however I do know that not all errors are letter to letter correct, (I could stand to be corrected here by the boss)

similar conditions could be interperted by the software to show the same error text.

The problem is/was a one off so i didn't consider it a bug but then I'm no expert

I can assure you it's not a bug. (not within the software anyway)

I wouldn't worry to much about it as it was a one off, but like I mentioned ealier, if the problem persists, see your doctor. :D (your PSU doctor) :P

There IS a bug at the moment in 1.3.0.0 whereby the 'reason' for failure given AFTER a potential waitimmediaio error gets corrupted and displays rubbish.

It should be saying the same error the 'potential' one said.

That has no effect on anything though and only shows up if your drive has already crapped out.

Normally, 'No Additional Sense Info' is basically where the drive failed but didn't have a clue why. You should never really see that error unless firmware programmers have been lazy :P

As Ken mentioned,

Try this one Kev. :D

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1431

Thanks Ken, I do remember reading that thread, but there was another one quite awhile back, probabley on a different forum about this problem and it was discovered to be the P.S.U. :/:) Wish I wasn't loosing my marbles so I could remember where I read it................. :wacko:

There IS a bug at the moment in 1.3.0.0 whereby the 'reason' for failure given AFTER a potential waitimmediaio error gets corrupted and displays rubbish.

It should be saying the same error the 'potential' one said.

That has no effect on anything though and only shows up if your drive has already crapped out.

Normally, 'No Additional Sense Info' is basically where the drive failed but didn't have a clue why. You should never really see that error unless firmware programmers have been lazy :P

Oh, OK, I wouldn't have thought you'd classify something like that as a bug.

To me, a bug has always been something that the software doesn't do quite right affecting the job it's trying to do.

In this case, I guess technically speaking, it's not doing something quite right, but not affecting the job so to speak.

Oh my God, I just read my own post, I'm starting to sound like DB. :P:D

he's off conquering galaxies at the moment but will be back in that second he spoke of earlier ,now I know why he picked up the extra second he thought we wouldn't realize he's missing because we are all following standard time ,going to have to keep a closed eye on him :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.