2.5.1.0 read CD hang

Unununium

It appears I have the same read/verify CD hang problem reported by several others on this forum. The log is attached. I trimmed out most of the repetitive stuff, otherwise I would overflow my quota.

This disc is a 63-track doozy, one of those old classic games with Red Book audio. ImgBurn does its Analysing Tracks thing for 1 through 63 just fine, but following that it gets into a do-loop rereading the same three sectors over and over again until I cancel. At least, that's what the log says. I noticed some other logs posted here exhibit the same behavior. There's no audible gronk while this is taking place; maybe all the data's being served out of a buffer.

(I would have replied to an existing topic, but apparently I don't have permission. Sorry for cluttering your forum.)

ImgBurn.log

Update:

1. I successfully ripped the 63-track CD using CDRWIN, so my computer, my CD drive, and the CD itself are all working fine. Of course, it's still possible that one of these three is somehow incompatible with ImgBurn. The ripped image is working perfectly.

2. I successfully ripped a single-track data CD using ImgBurn 2.5.1.0. The problem appears to be with its handling multi-track discs and/or discs with audio. You (author) know much more about this than I do, so I will refrain from further speculation.

I noticed the multi-track disk thing listed in your post. I may be wrong, but, has ImgBurn ever supported mult-track reading? I think at one time it didn't and I don't know if it does now. I'm real helpful aren't I? :)

It's done Audio CD's for ages now db, you should know that! Audio CD's are almost always multi-track (some even multi-session).

This issue has been spoken about in several other threads and just as I wrote in those... it's already been fixed for the next release.

This issue has been spoken about in several other threads and just as I wrote in those... it's already been fixed for the next release.

Good news, glad to hear it. Thanks! As a test, I'll rerip a disc or two with the next release, when it becomes available.

If you've got some problem CD's to hand, I can always send you a beta version to check it fixes the issue for you.

I have the CDs right here. Sure, that would be great. I'll let you know if everything works out.

It's done Audio CD's for ages now db, you should know that! Audio CD's are almost always multi-track (some even multi-session).

I knew it could read CD's. I just didn't know most Audio CD's are almost always multi-track or multi-session. :)

So, basically, each song is its own separate track? That makes sense, if that's the case :) given that I believe the software does say analyzing track and verifying track for each "song."

Actually, I think I do have a 1 track CD. :D It's of a 1950's radio program of Donovan's Brain with no separate "songs" breaking it up. It's one long track.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.