Can I copyright a disc

Jim Bob

Insert the disc and switch to Read mode: if ImgBurn doesn't show you a warning message then you can try copying the disc.

I certainly don't want to copy a copyrighted disc, but what I do want to do is copyright a disc that I create. I shoot video, sometimes directly to DVD and I want to copyright what I have created. Is there any way to do that with ImgBurn?

...what I do want to do is copyright a disc that I create. I shoot video, sometimes directly to DVD and I want to copyright what I have created. Is there any way to do that with ImgBurn?
You're using the wrong terminology. You want to COPY PROTECT your discs (so people can't copy them) and as you've learned you can't easily do that. But you can COPYRIGHT your disc contents e.g. "This program is copyright © 2010 Jim Bob Productions all rights reserved etc. blah blah" such that if someone DOES copy your videos and claim them as their own you can sue them!

"This program is copyright © 2010 Jim Bob Productions all rights reserved etc. blah blah"

You have to prove that with leagal papers, in case. It's not enough to just say I made it, I own it, it's mine and you can't copy it.

An easy way to prove that you made it and own the rights is to make a master copy for yourself, put it in a disc mailer with a letter identifying it, put a code on the outside of it so you know what or which one it is, then mail it to yourself. When it is delivered, do not open it simply identify it by the code and put it in a file. It will come from you to you with a postmarked date on it...If you need to prove it's yours, open the mailer in court or follow what your attorney wants you to do. Writers do it that way all the time to prove their manuscripts are their property. :thumbup:

[

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.