img burn and vista beta 2

bex

Not really img burns fault (microsoft must have changed something) but when you click on the close button of img burn in vista beta 2 you get I dialog that comes up

failed to set data for "

just thought you should know

Hmm can't say as I've seen that problem myself actually.

I installed Vista beta 2 (x86 version) the other day and I did find a couple of issues but that wasn't one of them.

Have all the windows closed when that happens? i.e. so that's the only thing you see that says 'ImgBurn' on it.

Hmm can't say as I've seen that problem myself actually.

I installed Vista beta 2 (x86 version) the other day and I did find a couple of issues but that wasn't one of them.

Have all the windows closed when that happens? i.e. so that's the only thing you see that says 'ImgBurn' on it.

on my setup it happens if you start imgburn then shut it with nothing else running

ah hang on, I see the problem!

You're running under a 'standard' account probably.

Under XP that wasn't possible because SPTI didn't work - you could of course have used another I/O interface though I guess!

I have to be honest, I don't think I've ever really tried ImgBurn as a 'standard' user - because I knew SPTI didn't work. Those errors could have always been there!

Whew........ was just about to load up a beta of vista on another puter to see if the problem could be duplicated. :P . Might do it anyways and run imgburn and see what pop ups. :/ @ Bex, cannot you not be administrator account like Xp. Haven't run vista yet so don't reaaly know whats happening with it....... :lol:

Yup. When it fails to write to the hkcr branch, it'll switch to hkcu\software\classes. Either way around, it now fails silently as these issues are hardly show stoppers!

Had XP have worked with SPTI under a limited account, I would no doubt have noticed it. As it didn't, I didn't bother with too much testing (if any).

MS seem to allow people to use SPTI now, even as (what they now call) a standard user. That's a good think to know :)

I am set as an administrator but it has been acting a bit odd

what I have read about Vista is that most of the time Administrator accounts run in standard mode only changing as required

Anyway I switched off UAP (it was driving me nuts) and no errors on imgburn close down

Edited by bex

lol i ended up editing the registry, enabling the real administrator account and then logging in as that! Having to click 'yes' to everything I tried to do was driving me nuts too!

On the topic of Vista (but off topic from ImgBurn):

I still can't get the poxy file sharing to work how I want it though.

It's weird that when you install it and create that single admin account, it then uses that for the admin account if you try to access the admin shares (c$, d$ etc). So even when you try to connect to the vista PC using 'Administrator' as the name, it uses the name you created on the Vista box.

As I had no use for that account once I'd enabled Administrator, I deleted it. It could just be a generic thing but even when I recreate that account with the same password etc, I'm still denied access to the admin shares.

I just wanted to have a single username / password between my machines / virtual machines and let it do pass through authentication so I didn't have to enter names + passwords each time.

It works fine between xp / 2003 but vista just won't play nicely :(

My machines aren't in a domain or it would probably work ok.

If you have any thoughts on the matter I'd be happy to hear them!

lol i ended up editing the registry, enabling the real administrator account and then logging in as that! Having to click 'yes' to everything I tried to do was driving me nuts too!

On the topic of Vista (but off topic from ImgBurn):

I still can't get the poxy file sharing to work how I want it though.

It's weird that when you install it and create that single admin account, it then uses that for the admin account if you try to access the admin shares (c$, d$ etc). So even when you try to connect to the vista PC using 'Administrator' as the name, it uses the name you created on the Vista box.

As I had no use for that account once I'd enabled Administrator, I deleted it. It could just be a generic thing but even when I recreate that account with the same password etc, I'm still denied access to the admin shares.

I just wanted to have a single username / password between my machines / virtual machines and let it do pass through authentication so I didn't have to enter names + passwords each time.

It works fine between xp / 2003 but vista just won't play nicely :(

My machines aren't in a domain or it would probably work ok.

If you have any thoughts on the matter I'd be happy to hear them!

how have you set up your net work is it public or private

if its private the security is more relaxed

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.