How to Burn LUKS disk?

gyurman

Hello, I have a LUKS disk image format. How can I burn?

For K3B and for Nero also it is "Invalid or unsupported image file format" but I can Ignore this error message. How can this with ImbBurn?

Edited by gyurman

You'd burn it as you would any other data file, from the Ez-Mode Picker screen choose Write files/folders to disc (aka Build mode).

As you probably know, since you have a LUKS file, it's an encrypted file system (similar to the type created by PGP Disk, TrueCrypt etc) and is mounted as a virtual disk after supplying the correct password, not to be confused with a disc image format like ISO, NRG etc.

Edited by jeff_nz

• 4 weeks later...

Ah that won't work then.

It would need to be a multiple of 2048... and that's not.

4695000000 'Mod' 2048 = 960

I just made an encrypted image using a tool I found called FreeOTFE. I assume that's the kind of thing you're talking about?

Do these images of yours normally use the '.vol' file extension?

Yes, It seems good. I can load image. Yes I can mount with Freeotfe, but I make image in linux.

By this way

dd if=/dev/zero of=dvd.img bs=2048 count=2292480
losetup /dev/loop0 dvd.img
sudo cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/loop0
sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/loop0 dvd
sudo mkntfs -Q -L "neve" -C -p 1 -H 0 -S 0 /dev/mapper/dvd
sudo mount /dev/mapper/dvd -t ntfs-3g /media/dvd

At now I cannot mount writed dvd with freeotfe, but maybe, for bits problem have. I will test.

I dont use extension (.vol), bec I dont associate this type file for OS.

Well, the only way you'll get those images into Write mode is use the ISO file extension and pad the end of them with zeroes (0's) using a hex editor or something so that the file size is a multiple of 2048.

When you've done both of those things, they should burn fine.

For some reason, the FreeOTFE program won't let me mount directly from an optical drive even though when you click the 'Mount Partition' button there's an option to show CD/DVD drives. I would have expected it to be there, especially if 'Show CD/DVD Drives' AND 'Entire disk' were enabled.

Now I understand the image format a little better, why can't you just burn the encrypted image to the disc as a file in Build mode?

Then, when you mount it, just load it how you would a file from the hdd - only using a different drive letter or whatever.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.