Blank DVD issues

vmac

I'm new to ImgBurn but have followed a guide and read the forums. I like the program, very nice, very user friendly.

I see a couple posts in the forums related to my issue but have not seen any resolutions.

I have 2 types of brand new blank DVDs, Verbatim DVD -R and Verbatim DVD +R DL.

With the DVD-R in Device output the burn button is grayed out and the status reads "Disc Not Empty" (and when I try to erase I get the error Failed to Erase Disc! - Reason: Incompatible Medium Installed, however if I switch output to Image File the burn button becomes accessable.

With the DVD +R DL, the burn button is again grayed out in Device output with the status of "No Reference Postion Found". Once again if I switch to Image File output the burn burn become available.

I have checked my drive capabilities and both types are there (not to mention I have used these to burn previously on this machine).Any thoughts?

You can't erase DVD-R so that explains that one.

If the drive can't initialise Verbatim DVD+R DL then you should check for firmware updates and give the drive a clean using a cleaning disc.

If it still won't read them then you're probably out of luck and will have to get some different discs (maybe the 2.4x speed Verbatim discs) or a new drive.

Thanks Lightning for both the software and the reply.

I am going to try cleaning and some different disks but in the mean time I have pulled my older computer out and installed DVD shrink and ImgBurn on it and all is working fine (alittle slower than I would like but the quality is good).

Thanks again for the help. I will reply to this post if I figure out the problem so others may have a place to start if they run into something similar.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.