CD backed-up can't select tracks

graham162

Hi. Thanks for all your help with my DVD issues, all resolved. I have an issue now thats probably a lot simpler but it's puzzling me. I use Nero copy CD function ( through habit ! ) to make my backup CD's and have never had a problem.

But just today I made 4 CD's that when played was unable to select the tracks except track 1. If you load them they play, but all the tracks play as if they were a single track. The other tracks are showing as tracks 2,3,4,5 etc but if you try to select them it freezes. On my PC (Windows media player) , it is OK, but on both my stand alones, and in the car , this problem occurs. I can get round it by building the CD as individual tracks but just wondered what may be causing this. Also after track 1 has finished, I lose the time counter on the player screens even though play continues. Thanks

Yes I did. Some more info, I tried this with identical set-up on another computer and it was fine. I then tried

the second disk drive with the Nero copy function on the problem computer and it worked !! So I must have a faulty disk drive ?? Yet building with Nero makes a perfect disk on the drive in question. The copy function does not ! Strange.

Edited by graham162

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.