Ricoh DVD+R 4X 4.7GB Silver Shiny DVD Media

chewy

at that price seems that they're trying to sel off the stock they have .Its a shame whats happened to Ritek ,I used the GO4 4x media all the time with great results and they still play great today about 4 yrs later .I'll have to do a read on 1 and see how it comes out

That media is like gold dust. Me and light spent ages trying to find some, eventually we did until the supplier (svp) stopped stocking them :( Burn quality was brilliant on both 4 x and 8x :)

I ordered 200, hope they haven't degraded with age, missed out on the last of the tyg01's. YudenT02's are only available online for a lot more.

several people seem to be stocking up on premium older media

Probably because alot of newer media (like Verb -R/DL) is garbage. :(

you have to wonder how they can make great DL + media and the - DL is crap and with it being crap then why bother?

Probably because alot of newer media (like Verb -R/DL) is garbage. :(

you have to wonder how they can make great DL + media and the - DL is crap and with it being crap then why bother?

I don't know. I went to one of those computer market type thingies before work yesterday and of the ten or twelve vendors selling media, not a single one of them sold "decent" media. It was all Princo, CMC and various other brands I've never heard of that looked equally dodgy (just from the price). It's getting harder and harder to find suppliers of good media without resorting to buying it online.

That media is like gold dust. Me and light spent ages trying to find some, eventually we did until the supplier (svp) stopped stocking them :( Burn quality was brilliant on both 4 x and 8x :)

:yes: lmao2k is spot on with that ! I used that MID for ages when I first got into burning - the little buggers still play flawlessly now - just wish I could still get them...... They really were the last great RICOH dye for me..... :/

I have run into 2 people lately, one with 1500 MIJ blanks, another

3000, now that's a little extreme, even for a mod at cdfreaks.

But I am jealous, green with envy!

Edited by chewy

• 2 weeks later...

I'll say, excellent numbers. Seems to be close to a rule with media, if it's MIJ it's very good, if it's MIT it's suspect at best, with Verb being about the only hard and fast exception.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.