BurnThread Runtime Exception

Nano

I've recently upgraded to 1.3.0.0 and i get this error everytime it finish to burn a cd or dvd.

If you need anymore info (debug) let me know and I'll provide that.

Message = '02-Jul-06 20:24' is not a valid date and time

ImgBurn.log

Nano, This can be caused because of a compatibility error between your burner and the media you are using to burn to. CMC MAG *gag choke*, are by far the worst media out there. Try using Verbatims or Taio Yudens if you can get them, both top quality media. This isn't the only answer just one possibility. :) You may also want to slow your burn rate to 4X with mag blanks.......... :/

Just noticed, you should check for firmware updates for your pionneer burner

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?cate...p;manufactor=25

Yours appears severalup dates behind. :thumbup:

Nano. settings > click on I/O tab > click on debug mode, doing it this way remember to go back and uncheck the debug mode box after you've finished the burn. Also during a burn I believe you can hit F8 to enable debug mode for that burn. :)

As for updating your firmware, its not hard, just make sure its the correct firmware for your particular burner. :thumbup:

Ty kevdriver, I've upgraded firmware and activated debug but the problem still persist.

This dvd media disc did never give me any problem at all with previous imgburn version, dvddecrypter, alchool ecc ecc. all happens now just with imgburn this is way i've started a bug report (after searching all forums).

My discs longevity its about 2/3 days becouse of my 4 kids :ph34r: yeah i dont like tv :D

ImgBurn_2_.log

Exactly Nano, As Shamus just posted, try using better media, these CMC's are the pits mate, you'll get them to burn then you won,t. Log file appears to to say that your burner can't read the media correctly. You've updated your burners firmware so get better media and try burning at 4X to start off and see what happens.

lol good try guys but you're way off with the actual cause of this error!

It writes the current date/time into the IBG file at the end of the burn - as can be seen by the 'Exporting Graph Data' log entry.

For some reason, Borlands Date/Time function is failing to convert that string you see in the error box into a valid internal representation of some date/time value.

... some minutes pass....

I've looked at the code for Borlands conversion routine and it doesn't like the way your regional settings are configured to use 3 letter month instead of a number.

I will force the value in the IBG file to use all numbers so the conversion bit won't fall over during the actual export.

Ty all for your help,

After changing time settings to numbers only I'm able to burn without problems.

I know media that i use its not the best, but its cheap. My kids eat dvds for breakfast and i cannot afford good media; cheaper is what I'm looking for.

In some other cases i will only use my Verbatin $5au each and burning at 1x.

Glad that i cought a bug, 2 years and 1 year ago I've donated few dollars and now I've donated a program improvement which I'm very glad of.

just so you don't run into another headache if you use Verbs or anything else ,I don't think you're going to be able to burn at 1X its a speed thats not supported these days at least I've never seen it .You can burn faster with no problems if both the media and drive support it .Some menbers here burn at some really fast speeds and still get disc quality in the high 90%'s.I burn everything at 6X and all play fine :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.