Burning Dvd's That Are 3+ Hours?

Tizz

:D Hello there,

My Burning is working out really good so far but I have a question.

How do you Burn something that is 3+ hours long on 1 disc?

I know how to use Shrink etc but Im wondering if I will have to split this movie up

or will Shrink compress it enough to go on a single Dvd?

If I have to split it between 2 disc's How do I do that?

I hope everyone has a Safe 4th of of July :cat:

:D Hello there,

My Burning is working out really good so far but I have a question.

How do you Burn something that is 3+ hours long on 1 disc?

I know how to use Shrink etc but Im wondering if I will have to split this movie up

or will Shrink compress it enough to go on a single Dvd?

If I have to split it between 2 disc's How do I do that?

I hope everyone has a Safe 4th of of July :cat:

http://www.videohelp.com

Lots of guides there.

hello Tizz glad to hear everything is going well for you yes you can put 3 hrs on a single layer disc you're going to have to compress a lot but you can enable the Quality settings in Shrink and it will help with the loss due to compression .You can also burn the file to a Dual Layer disc which will hold 8.5 gigs and the whole 3 hrs will fit no problem .If you go the Dual Layer route only use Verbatim +R Dual layer discs they're the only ones that really work all the rest are crap

:D Hi Poly

I use Automatic compression on Shrink no matter what Im burning. I was trying to Burn an old Western for my Hubby that was 3+ hours and it burned fine as far as I can tell and I used Automatic.

I did come across 1 strange thing though. We have 2 Dvd players and mine will play any Region were the 1 in my Living room won't play Dvd+RW's and if they do for some reason it will say "Invalid Title" but then some will play were other's won't. I keep the region on free in Shrink but I thought that would allow any region to play in all Dvd players. Oh well, I will use Dvd+R's now just for that reason not too mention I won't have to waste time re-formatting them either.

Thanks for the reply :thumbup:

Have a great 4th of July...... Be Safe :)

media quality plays a big part in whether a disc will play or not ,if the player will recognize it, some older players wont support RW's at all you have to look at the model either Google to see what it supports or maybe you have the paperwork that came with it

have a Happy 4th yourself ,I'm stuck working a few hours tomorrow but its Ok nothing is planned or happening untill the PM. :thumbup:

:(

Ok Kev I tired that site and each time I try to Download the file it wouldn't install and gave me an error.

Do you know of any other sites? Also how do I search for it on google the correct way so I find what im looking for?

Thanks

Tizz if you dont know www.cdcovers.cc has the greatest collection of covers there is awesome and they have a template or something related to making covers you can download for free .I use Hewlett HPDirector and it works really well .There are a number of printers that can actually print to the top of DVD's you just have to buy the white printable blanks.The affordable ones a re Epson

:(

Ok Kev I tired that site and each time I try to Download the file it wouldn't install and gave me an error.

Do you know of any other sites? Also how do I search for it on google the correct way so I find what im looking for?

Thanks

There you go Tizz, If you still want a google search, just type in something like CD or DVD jewel case covers freeware, becareful though because freeware search still may bring up shareware downloads ( free for a certain period then you have to pay) :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.