Won't you please consider turning off the default excruciatingly annoying Play Success Sound option

c627627

I know it can be turned off in options but if you forget, it's really a problem if you have small kids etc. It is so loud - it wakes everybody up.

Why not have people turn it ON instead of OFF? Maybe do a survey and you'll see that more than 50% of your users have it turned off.

If you really want to "turn off the sound" then I would say the following should work. Delete the two .WAV files in the C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\Sounds folder. I've not actually tried this, so, I can't say if ImgBurn won't return an error message if they're missing or not.

I love that sound it makes me happy, burn is complete yay

I love that sound too ... it's a happy sound.

My only issue with it concerns its loudness when it suddenly plays at 4:30am when the user has zoned out and isn't expecting it, and has forgotten s/he had the volume up high earlier for that music they were playing, and now there is total quiet throughout the house and the neighbours houses and outside on the street, cos sensible people have been asleep for hours .... and then that last disc burn just before bedtime completes okay, and .. aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggh .... forgot to turn the sound down again, and woke up the kids/partner/flatmate, and if I've also forgotten to take off the headphones from 3 hours ago then I've just had another heart attack.

I did once suggest LUK add an option to automatically lower the dB of the playback if the local time is between midnight and, say, 7am, but I wasn't really expecting him to agree :) .... It would be a ridiculously wonderful feature, probably requiring far more coding work than is warranted for such frippery, and I could always just try to remember to turn down the sound manually instead. Actually ... I wonder whether there's a programmatic interface to the Windows volume control ... maybe a script could be written for running via Task Scheduler ... hmmmm.

ImgBurn is increasingly used as a companion to other software. Blu ray editing for example. It does not permanently stay on the system when used in this way and so the argument of this having to be done "only just once" is the one to be made for permanent installations, so people can turn the sound *ON* if they wish.

When/if people have babies and they wake up in the middle of the night - they tend to understand this issue more. How many times did this happen in the middle of the night all over the world, how many sleepless nights and resulting bad blood between wives/husbands/neighbors? How many arguments and bad (and worse) consequences? All because the default is On instead of Off. It's a big deal, I hope the authors consider this and make an easy way for the sound to be turned On but change the default Sound setting to Off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.