Extra icons after upgrading

Psychiczny

It was actually a bug in the previous version.

You've now got icons in your current user profile (from 2.5.2.0) and some in the 'all users' profile (from 2.5.3.0).

2.5.2.0 had a bug and didn't create shortcuts in the 'all users' profile, even if you told it to (via the 'Install for all users' option in the setup program).

You just need to make sure you delete the right ones - if you right click the icons in question and look on the 'General' tab, delete the ones that have a 'Location' referencing your user account.

i.e. C:\Users\(Your Name Here)\Desktop\ImgBurn.lnk

A complete uninstall (of either version) and reinstall would fix it if you can figure out the icon thing yourself manually.

Same issue here. It's not a terrible issue as those are just shortcuts but I ended with 4 shortcuts to ImgBurn on my desktop. Oddly enough, all shortcuts are for the same user profile.

As I said, it's not that bad, I just have to delete 3 of them. I'm just pointing this out in case it's useful.

Windows XP SP2 by the way.

Edited by kenmasters1976

If they're all in the same folder and have the same name, that's just Windows messing up. If pressing F5 on the desktop doesn't work, rebooting should do.

I've added a bit to the installer in an attempt to remove the old icons created by the buggy 2.5.2.0 installer (that put them in the 'current user' folder rather than the 'all users' one).

Taking about weird, on my dv7 laptop I had 2.5.2.0 and I’ve installed 2.5.3.0 no extra icons on desktop.

I also use DeepFreeze and didn’t want to reboot it my PC or it would revert everything back to stage where 2.5.2.0 was installed.

Now I don’t remember if I rebooted after upgrade and then seen extra icons on my other OS, if not then this beets me, now I fell a :doh:

I'm Sorry

Edited by Psychiczny

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.