Cannot play DVD

Davek

Running XP. Have used ImgBurn many times in the past without any problem. With this particular movie download, have followed all instructions. Can play the DVD on my computer but as when I try on my DVD player, it recognises DVD and when I select "Play All" it reverts to a TV channel. Sony player plays every other DVD. Second time I've tried to burn this movie and same result both times.

ImgBurn.log

Also, multi-region (region codes 1 - 8) isn't anything to do with PAL/NTSC (which are known as 'TV Systems' or similar).

I'm with mmalves on this one, it sounds like there's something wrong with the source files and that's why your player won't play them. (UK DVD players don't generally have an issue playing NTSC content - it's US ones that don't like playing PAL).

I have a cheapo Poloroid DVD player though that lets me switch TV systems with it's remote. I can go from NTSC, PAL and PAL60. If I put it on PAL60, the image is normal, if I put it on PAL the image is black & white and jumps around.

I guess PAL60 is 60Hz, which corresponds to the electric freq. of US TVs? 110V @ 60Hz?

Sorry for the slight hijack. :whistling:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.