Stuck at "Getting Book Type"

keithvp30

Hi Forum:

I am a very experienced DVD Burn person, but am completely new to Blu-ray burning. I typically use AnyDVD and CloneDVD to make DVD's but with my new Blu-Ray burner these tools don't help. I have read a lot on this forum and a few others, and though much of the information has helped, I am still unclear as to few details, and thought I could get some help here.

The background: I have made a backup .iso of the movie I want to burn to blu-ray by using AnyDVD to rip and create the .iso file. I have the latest versions of ImgBurn (version 2.5.4.0), I believe I have the latest Firmware for my LG WH10LS30 drive, which is 1.0.7.. I am running Vista Ultimate x64, have 8 Gigs of RAM, 2.0 Tb HDD, and 2 Quadcore Xeon Processors. Usually, anything I do is extremely fast.

The issue: When I start ImgBurn, it starts great, I select the source file, and it asks me to put media into the Destination Drive, I do, and the message I get at the bottom of the UI is "Getting Book Type..." It never moves past this. I have let it sit for hours, it didnt move along. I have reset a number of setting's in the Settings section, although none of the changes that I have made under the various suggestions have gotten me past the "Getting Book Type..." stage. You may notice in the screen shots below that I have checked 'Test Mode', but be assured, I have tried it without that box checked, and with 'Verify' only being checked.

Below is the Screen Shots, Log, and I am happy to provide any other details you need. Lastly, I am using Verbatim BD-R LTH Type Disc, with 2x speed. Its my first burn so, I thought maybe the disc was bad, and that is why it is stuck, so I have ordered new discs today from New Egg per the recommendation made by "Lightning".

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can render. My friends have told me that with .iso file, and the burner, it should be as easy as one-two-three, click.

Keithpost-36551-0-08310000-1292692897.jpg

post-36551-0-42208000-1292692876.jpg

Hi Cornjulio:

Yep, I see that. Allow me to add information. Apparently Imgburn doesnt correctly pickup the Firmware version is my guess. I originally had firmware version 1.0.7 and so I run the updater, which of course updated my backwards now to 1.0.6 which you can see in the screen shot from the updater that I found at RPC. Does this clarify? Or is the updater wrong? I've attached a screen shot of both ImgBurn Log screen and the Updater Screen. Does this help?post-36551-0-38916600-1292699485.jpg -- Please keep in mind that with this screen shot, I was merely opening it to show you the version of the firmware, with Imgburn open. NORMALLY, I would have turned off Anydvd before I would have attempted a burn. Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Iany:

I think either I am crazy, or LG is just a bunch of @#$%&*!!!!....anyway...I did download and install, and will repeat but I swear the version that you posted, despite what the website says is another step backward. So, I have attached a screen shot so you can see. But, it seems like I started with Firmware Version 1.0.7. Then I UPDATED? to 1.0.6. And Now I have officially updated to 1.0.0. I realize what the link says you sent me to. But here is the updater software screen shot that came up prior to the Install. And then after. YOU TELL ME, am I crazy?

post-36551-0-89433400-1292882288.jpg

I don't know what to say. Maybe that 1.00-06 or 07 was some patched firmware for speeds, not an official LG release.

About LG site, don't know either. No info about what's changend and no release date.

I also don't have that drive to test it.

I surely would do a test with the new firmware if I was you. Don't forget to reboot.

I ran the Firmware upgrade? and rebooted. Just to confirm my suspicions, I ran a burn to a DVD-R. The Imgburn software worked perfectly. Then when I tried the Blu-Ray disk I got the same 'lock up' with Imgburn "Getting Book Type" and never moving past that. So, for now I am going to assume the disk is bad and have more new disks on the way. Will try them when they get here. If the problem is the disk, surely that will be known when I try a brand new disk right?

Keith

Then when I tried the Blu-Ray disk I got the same 'lock up' with Imgburn "Getting Book Type" and never moving past that.

Probably that disc is damaged in a previous attempt to burn, you need to test with a new blank one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.