Create ISO from individual component files

Timothy

Hello!

I am helping my brother with a project to take individual recorded sessions from Hi-8 that was converted to DVD years ago(such as taking out old girlfriend vacation titles, with titles with current wife). The discs do not have any copy protection, and have Standard DVD structure. If we want to take separate "clips" that are separate "titles" on a DVD menu, which set of files will I need to make an ISO file playable on one of the new media players that output to HDMI? So far it has been hit and miss with some files generating a playable ISO file, and others not being recognized. Do I just need the related numerical BUP, IFO and VOB for each separate "title" on the DVD menu, or do I also need to include any of the Video_TS files as well. Thanks. So far I have been indescriminate as to the files included, such as Video_TS or not. Before I generate more non usable ISO files, I need to find out what I need to do, so we can finish this project. Thank you in advance. See attached pdf screenshot of editor window for a typical multi-title DVD. Great program by the way!!!

Sample.pdf

A simple way of achieving what you want, if you don't need a menu, would be to try DVD Shrink in Re-author mode. Just drag the titles you want into the DVD compilation window and it will create a new VIDEO_TS folder with a valid DVD structure that you can then burn with ImgBurn. Have a look here for a basic step-by-step guide.

Unfortunately, I had a problem with DVD Shrink, and I went back to DVD Decrypter, to pull out the VOBs, even though they can not be fast forwarded or rewound on the WD HD Media player I am using. Time was of the essence to finish the project to have some home movies on HDD, for the family, and I did not want to spend time troubleshooting why DVD Shrink was hanging up writing .iso file even though the program would preview and analyze the tracks. . .

If anyone has the ImgBurn solution, as far as which files I would needto select for extracting different tracks or home video segments, to create "MEDIA PLAYER" playable .iso files I would still like to know. If you read the original post, this does not have to do with creating menus, or reauthoring DVDs, but creating playable .iso files for use with a USB HDD media player that can be hooked up to an HD TV via the HDMI port. . . I am sorry if that was not clear in the original post. I have again attached a sample of a multi-session DVD of home video clips for clarifying DVD structure.

Sample.pdf

which files I would needto select for extracting different tracks or home video segments,

You do need to reauthor the files, as you want to exclude certain sections of what you do have contained within the files; and ImgBurn is not the program that will do that for you, it will burn the files you give it.

Figure out the problem with Shrink or do a Google search for an editing program.

I DO appreciate the replies, but I wish someone would read what I am trying to do! I can select files to create an .ISO file in IMGburn, so I am just wondering which group of files I need to select to get a specific "title" from the TV_Video file to do it! As I posted before, I already extracted the VOB files as a quick and dirty solution, but I would much rather create .ISO files, because they play better on the WD HDTV media player I am using.

To be specific:

1) I can select the whole Video_TS folder to create an .ISO file with IMGburn correct?

2) IMGburn also allows for files to be selected to create an .ISO file correct?

Then what files do I need to include to create a good .ISO ??

I do not think I have to reauthor the files, as I just want to know what files to exclude, so I can create a correct .ISO file. I thought that WAS one of the functions of IMGburn.

Thank you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.