Verifying a copy

greyowl

I made a copy of a XP CD using Nero. I am wanting to verify that it is correct.

I see there is a Verify component to ImgBurn. If I am wanting to verify that the copy is the same as the original, do I have to Create an Image File of the original CD first, and then Verify the copy against this Image File? Or, is there a more direct way using the two CDs.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the information.

I used an old version of Nero because I did not have ImgBurn on this computer at the time. I did an experiment to copy the disc with simulation and without simulation. The burn without simulation came up with errors on the Nero verification. The burn with simulation appeared to work OK but it was not possible to simulate it and also verify it by Nero. So I thought I better put ImgBurn on the computer and use it. Now, I want to just check the Nero burn to see if it is OK. I used CD-RW discs for these experiments and will now use CD-R for the final burns. Now, I am going to use your method in the guides for creating a XP disc by slipstreaming sp3 for a final burn using a CD-R disc.

I have had only limited experience burning CDs and have tended to use an old version on Nero because I can add things to the disc later if needed and this is the first time that I have had a bad burn. I have been wanting to use ImgBurn more for discs that I know I won't want to add to later because I trust it to be more reliable and superior. I am hoping that you will eventually add the feature to be able to add to burnt discs after the initial burn. This experiment has shaken my trust in Nero.

Thanks again for the help. I may be back after I get into this slipstream process.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.