Problems with Building and Burning

adudenamedjoe13

Ok I'm new at ImgBurn and I've heard it's a really good program but its just somewhat complicating to me. I understand that yuo have to convert the avi, mpeg, etc. file to a certain format to make a movie. So i've used "Creat image from files/folders" and it gives me two types of files, the big .iso, which is around the same size as the previous file just new format, and a .mds file, which is extremely small, probably around 15kbs or so. Now i've looked at the guide and it shows that you build the file, but in the guide it shows two folders that have a total of 23 files. Now is that to have different chapters or what? I only have one massive .avi file converted to the one massive .iso file. And when i try to burn the .iso file to the dvd I think its just burning it as data :(. I know its not my disc drive or discs because i've used other trial software and made a movie but I want to use ImgBurn because you have more control over how the movie is made. Can anyone help me figure out if i'm building it properly and/or burning it properly?

Imgburn only burns data as is, and it will not make your .avi file into a DVD-Video compliant disc. You need a DVD-Authoring program to convert your .avi file into the VOB, IFO and BUP files that are found in the VIDEO_TS folder of a DVD-Video disc.

Imgburn CAN produce a DVD-Video disc and Bluray-Video disc provided the files are prepared in advance (authoring program). Imgburn is a general burning utility, and there might be reasons why a person would want to create an iso from a file or directory of files.

Yes for a DVD-Video disc you need the vob, ifo and bup files placed in a directory called VIDEO_TS, imgburn can burn that as a DVD-Video disc, not the iso of the .avi file. Sorry I don't know of any free authoring programs though.

Edited by Rincewind

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I now know how to use ImgBurn but i've figured out what's wrong with the discs burn. I've been trying to burn .iso files to dvds and play them on xbox/dvd player and I need to burn the VOB, IFU, and BUP files to the disc. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT SOME FREE/CHEAP converting programs that will convert the avi/mpeg files to VOB, IFU, and BUP files so i can burn them onto the blank discs. PLEASEEEEEEEEE

You need to convert that avi to a compliant DVD Video Structure. (VIDEO_TS folder with .vob, .ifo, .bup files inside)

You can use DVD Flick, DVD Styler (free) or ConvertXtoDVD, than burn the result with ImgBurn like in the guide you mention.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.