Disc labels for audio CDs?

JustinH

Is it not possible to have a disc label for an audio CD? I have some home-made audio CDs that show "Label: Unknown" on the Read or Write window. I've tried to edit the label during read or write (I am creating images then burning them to make duplicate CDs) but the label fields are always disabled. Is there a way to modify the the original label during burn of the audio CD image?

Thanks,

Justin

if you mean volume labels then no. That would imply that there is a filesystem and audio cds technically do not really have a filesystem. The best you can do is add CD-TEXT to your tracks, but that also means that your player has to be able to read CD-TEXT.

if you mean volume labels then no. That would imply that there is a filesystem and audio cds technically do not really have a filesystem. The best you can do is add CD-TEXT to your tracks, but that also means that your player has to be able to read CD-TEXT.

And that answers that question. Thanks!

Open the "Image.cue" in a text editor (Notepad) and add/modify the info according:

TITLE "XXX"

PERFORMER "XXX"

FILE "Image.img" BINARY

TRACK 01 AUDIO

TITLE "XXX"

PERFORMER "XXX"

INDEX 01 00:00:00

Replace XXX between " " according

The first TITLE/PERFORMER (Album title/Performer) will show as volume label but

you have to add TITLE/PERFORMER (Track name/Performer) to the first track at least

It would be nice to add to all tracks though but it's time consuming and if you don't want/need you don't have to)

Of course all that tracks info would be visible only if you have CD-TEXT enabled player but if you want Label: "Volume name" instead of Label: "Unknown" to genearte the name when you copy again that disc is the only way I know.

It will be "Volume name.bin" not "Image.bin"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.