burn xbox 360 game

Hildur

Hi!

I've tried to burn xbox 360 games, but I cannot make it work. I have followed a lot of guides but I'm a noob and doesn't know if I have made it right. I have downloaded imgburn and before I burn the game I run it through abgx360 GUI. I got a suggestion from a dude to "wave the game down" if it was more than 2nd wave. So I also got the programme 360waves patcher. But it only seems to destroy the games, because when I later run them in abgx360 the video CRC, v0 CRC and V1 CRC turns red. So I make it all over, remove those destroyed files, extract the downloaded ones once again and run them through abgx360. Everything seems to be right then, at least it seems to work for others than me. The game is region free and there is nothing yellow or red in the log.

Now we come to the burning part. Stupidly I haven't saved the latest log, but my marked settings for img burn is apart from the settings that followed from the beginning: sectors in L0: 1913760, just like everyone else seem to do. But I cannot make it work. When i try to change the book type I can't choose anything. My Dvdram is a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N ATA Device. So I think it is a LG. But when I try to mark the Drive (For DVD+R DL Media) under the option tab for LG I get the message "Current setting: Unknown (FAILED!) Reason: Illegal Mode For This Track."

Is this the reason that it doesn't work?

Or is it because the game is to high waved?

Please help!

I don't know what high waved is, but that doesn't matter anyways as imgburn doesn't care what you do to any kind of data, it just burns whatever you tell it to burn. If you are having trouble burning your games, make sure your firmware to your drive is up to date and try again since you are using the preferred +R DL Verbatim media.

Also next time if you have trouble burning give us a log. We can only help you with burning issues though, once it is burned successfully it is up to you if you have problems actually running the game since that is not really our problem.

When you say firmware, do you mean for the computer or the xbox console? I've tried to look for firmware to the DVDRAM. I searched on firmware.hd or something like that with the burners name (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N ATA Device) and I got a lot of different firmware from LG. Since the dvdram model is GT30N i checked LG GT30N, but it said there wasn't any updates available. Is that the right firmware?

I tried to burn yesterday and here is the log for it:

I 17:33:08 ImgBurn Version 2.5.5.0 started!

I 17:33:08 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)

I 17:33:08 Total Physical Memory: 3 372 536 KB - Available: 1 694 840 KB

I 17:33:08 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:33:08 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:33:08 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N 1.01 (E:) (ATA)

I 17:33:08 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

I 17:40:10 Operation Started!

I 17:40:10 Source File: C:\Users\Onkel\Desktop\Army of Two The 40 days\lagartija-armytwo40.dvd

I 17:40:10 Source File Sectors: 3 827 488 (MODE1/2048)

I 17:40:10 Source File Size: 7 838 695 424 bytes

I 17:40:10 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD_ROM

I 17:40:10 Source File Volume Set Identifier: ec67c000MS UDFBridge

I 17:40:11 Source File Application Identifier: CDIMAGE 2.45 (12/06/2000 TM)

I 17:40:11 Source File Implementation Identifier: Microsoft CDIMAGE UDF

I 17:40:11 Source File File System(s): ISO9660; UDF (1.50)

I 17:40:11 Destination Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N 1.01 (E:) (ATA)

I 17:40:11 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x)

I 17:40:11 Destination Media Sectors: 4 173 824

I 17:40:11 Write Mode: DVD

I 17:40:11 Write Type: DAO

I 17:40:11 Write Speed: 2,4x

I 17:40:11 Link Size: Auto

I 17:40:11 Lock Volume: Yes

I 17:40:11 Test Mode: No

I 17:40:11 OPC: No

I 17:40:11 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 17:40:11 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 3 324 KB/s (2,4x)

I 17:40:11 Book Type Setting: N/A (Reason: Invalid Command Operation Code)

I 17:40:11 User Specified L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1 913 760

I 17:40:11 Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Succeeded!

I 17:40:11 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

I 17:40:12 Writing LeadIn...

I 17:40:31 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 3827487)

I 17:40:31 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 3827487)

I 17:40:31 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 1913759)

W 17:46:21 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 559776)

W 17:46:25 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

I 17:46:26 Writing Sectors...

I 18:00:44 Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 1913760 - 3827487)

I 18:20:26 Synchronising Cache...

I 18:20:55 Closing Track...

I 18:21:47 Finalising Disc...

I 18:22:03 Exporting Graph Data...

I 18:22:03 Graph Data File: C:\Users\Onkel\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\HL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GT30N_1.01_DEN-22-JANUARI-2011_17-40_MKM-003-00_2,4x.ibg

I 18:22:03 Export Successfully Completed!

I 18:22:03 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:41:47

I 18:22:03 Average Write Rate: 3 197 KB/s (2.3x) - Maximum Write Rate: 3 370 KB/s (2.4x)

I am at the moment unsure about your firmware either, hopefully someone more experienced can help you with that one. Also try letting imgburn send you to the right(?) page hopefully, by going into any mode, and click Tools -> Drive -> Check for firmware updates, and see what page that loads.

Well as for this log, it burned and finished successfully but you didn't verify your burn though which is something you should always do.

W 17:46:21 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 559776)

W 17:46:25 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

You either are having DMA issues here, or you are doing other things while burning. Try not to multi-task while burning because that can take too much resources away from imgburn.

Also:

I 17:40:11 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 3 324 KB/s (2,4x)

Your discs support higher speeds, you should go ahead and burn at faster speeds. The idea behind burning slower produces a better burn is a myth, and sometimes in some cases a faster burn is what you need.

Other than that, I am not sure what else I can say. Since technically imgburn did finish successfully you just have to try your game on your console now and see if it accepts it. Just next time remember to verify your burns, good luck.

Unfortunatly there isn't any other firmware update for your burner.

Laptop/slimline burner isn't the recommended device to burn Dual Layer discs. They are not reliable regardles of manufacturer.

You could try the other speeds available and always verify your burns. Only than you know that was a good burn.

We can only help for the burning part for the rest you are on your own.

Hi!

I've tried to burn xbox 360 games, but I cannot make it work. I have followed a lot of guides but I'm a noob and doesn't know if I have made it right. I have downloaded imgburn and before I burn the game I run it through abgx360 GUI. I got a suggestion from a dude to "wave the game down" if it was more than 2nd wave. So I also got the programme 360waves patcher. But it only seems to destroy the games, because when I later run them in abgx360 the video CRC, v0 CRC and V1 CRC turns red. So I make it all over, remove those destroyed files, extract the downloaded ones once again and run them through abgx360. Everything seems to be right then, at least it seems to work for others than me. The game is region free and there is nothing yellow or red in the log.

Now we come to the burning part. Stupidly I haven't saved the latest log, but my marked settings for img burn is apart from the settings that followed from the beginning: sectors in L0: 1913760, just like everyone else seem to do. But I cannot make it work. When i try to change the book type I can't choose anything. My Dvdram is a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N ATA Device. So I think it is a LG. But when I try to mark the Drive (For DVD+R DL Media) under the option tab for LG I get the message "Current setting: Unknown (FAILED!) Reason: Illegal Mode For This Track."

Please help!

You need to use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs! You need to have a samsung drive with kreon FW to read the disc or a drive that you know that can read the disc!! If you are dl just the img file then all that needs to be done is burn with ImgBurn there 2 files iso and a dvd file cant quite remember but I have copied alot of xbox games and have never had a problem PM me and I will walk you through it!

Hi!

Please help!

You need to use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs! You need to have a samsung drive with kreon FW to read the disc or a drive that you know that can read the disc!! If you are dl just the img file then all that needs to be done is burn with ImgBurn there 2 files iso and a dvd file cant quite remember but I have copied alot of xbox games and have never had a problem PM me and I will walk you through it!

I use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and i have a samsung that can read the discs now. But have you tried to burn some new games like for example need for speed hot pursuit? I've burned it out and the xbox can see that it is need for speed, but it cannot read it. When i run it through abgx360 I got the text that it is antipiracy25 protected in yellow. Has this something to do with the unit not capable of reading it? Cause the region is PAL and it's suppose to work.

Hi!

Please help!

I use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and i have a samsung that can read the discs now. But have you tried to burn some new games like for example need for speed hot pursuit? I've burned it out and the xbox can see that it is need for speed, but it cannot read it. When i run it through abgx360 I got the text that it is antipiracy25 protected in yellow. Has this something to do with the unit not capable of reading it? Cause the region is PAL and it's suppose to work.

Not sure about NSF the last game that I backed up was Black Ops and I did not have a problem with it! You run xbox backup creator first, copying the file to the HDD and then you run ABGX360 load the file into that make sure you have it set up so that it can get the required info from the net and patch the waves!! I have not run into a problem with any of the games I have copied!! I will see if I cant get the new NSF and try it out!! I'm in the USA to its NTSC out here don't know if that a issue?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.