Write speed mis compare

DiabloZoe

I get the same warning I set AWS on the TDK BDRE to 1x copy rate says 1x but write rate says 2.3x 2.4x which if I remember has to do with the LG FW but I want to write at 1x how do I get ImgBurn or my drive to do this? I have an LGBH10 with the 1.09 FW. I just want to write at the slowest speed possible, I watched a BD that I burned and a couple of instances in the movie it got jittery!

If you are getting a write speed miscompare, then it means your drive simply cannot burn at that speed, even though the media supports burning at 1x. Also burning slower does not mean a better burn anyways. Change the AWS to the minimum burn speed that your burner supports for BD-R media.

If you can only burn at 2.4x for the slowest, then at least set AWS for 2.4x for that media, but like I said there is no real reason to burn so slowly, and actually faster burns usually produces better burns anyways.

If you are getting a write speed miscompare, then it means your drive simply cannot burn at that speed, even though the media supports burning at 1x. Also burning slower does not mean a better burn anyways. Change the AWS to the minimum burn speed that your burner supports for BD-R media.

If you can only burn at 2.4x for the slowest, then at least set AWS for 2.4x for that media, but like I said there is no real reason to burn so slowly, and actually faster burns usually produces better burns anyways.

I remember someone saying something about the drive not being able to burn at slower speeds I think this has to do with BDRE meida in general, because I was able to burn BDR media at the 1x speed!! But I dont quite agree with you on burning faster produces a better burn!! Thanks for the info!!!

Edited by DiabloZoe

LIGHTNING UK! wasn't lucky to get a succesful burn when he tested HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 Firmware Version 1.00-06 on TDK 2x BD-RE [TDKBLD-WBA-00] @ 2x

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=16152&view=findpost&p=124852

You would be surprised that many times a higher speed could produce a better burn than a slower speed. Just read this forum.

LIGHTNING UK! wasn't lucky to get a succesful burn when he tested HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 Firmware Version 1.00-06 on TDK 2x BD-RE [TDKBLD-WBA-00] @ 2x

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=16152&view=findpost&p=124852

You would be surprised that many times a higher speed could produce a better burn than a slower speed. Just read this forum.

I am using 1.09 FW and the burns so far well have burned just fine!! Now playback of the movie RED had a few jitters not sure what caused them, but I will say that I did have issues burning with my BH08 on BDRE sometimes I would have to format twice and reburn!! Not sure what the exact meaning of the above thread is.....was it media issue or burner issue?? And I will have to look into burning faster, so do I set AWS for the BDRE to max??

Setting AWS to max will just burn at the fastest speed possible, but there are two factors: The media in question, and of course your drive. The media might support speeds up to lets say 8x, but your drive might not for RE media.

Also is there any reason why you are using a rewritable disc for a movie? Usually players don't always play nice with RW media, even though it is claimed that said players support them (but not very well obviously). Plus the more you use the same disc the more chances for read errors from your player.

Why not make your life easier and use a WORM (Write Once Read Many times) disc instead?

Edited by Rincewind

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.