Blu-Ray DVD VIDEO_TS?

dbminter

I don't own a Blu-Ray burner or a Blu-Ray player to test this, so, I'm only left with the option of asking and see if anyone knows.

I was wondering if it was possible to burn a DVD-Video compliant VIDEO_TS folder to a Blu-Ray disc and have it play as a DVD in a Blu-Ray player?

In theory it should work, then again set top players tend to be very picky. After all you can burn a miniDVD, (DVD VIDEO_TS onto a CD-R) that is of course if the content fits on a CD-R in the first place. I have burned such a disc but my set top dvd player tries to read it but then just rejects the disc.

And of course I made sure to use MODE1/2048. I guess you will just have to go ahead and try it and see, and also it would be a good idea to use a BD-RE so you don't waste a disc in case your player doesn't like it.

Yeah, I would use a rewritable Blu-Ray disc if I had them, a burner, and a player. :)

I tried burning a DVD that was small enough to a CD-R, but, none of my players would read it as a DVD. It's almost as if the players can determine the maximum size of a disc being inserted and make assumptions based on that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.