Help please. ImgBurm cannot ersase bd disc!

sch

hello.

I have purchased a new disc BR+RE 2x Mitsubishi. I would like to burn a avchd structure generated by multiavchd.

I put the new disc into the bd drive (LG be06lu10). Drag&drop the avchd folder in ImgBurn. properties => udf 2.50

start.

imgburn tell me that the disc need format. ok. ok this happens every time a new disc is rewritable.

start erasing disc. after hours i see 0% erasing.... the blu led on the drive blinks. no crash.

but I cannot wait for hours and hours with 0% erasing...yesterday the same thing :-( with a verbatim br +re. I have to switch power off of the bd drive!

now I cannot stop imgburn while it is ersing the blank disc (second attempt).

what to do?

thanks a lot in advance.

log:

I 17:46:55 Erasing Disc...

W 18:12:27 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0%, 0/4) - Medium Format Corrupted

E 18:12:29 Failed to Erase Disc! - Reason: Medium Format Corrupted

E 18:12:29 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:25:33

i.e. imgburn can erase a verbatim bd+re (2 hours, successfull) but not mitsubishi. are all my new mitshubishi bd disc corrupted?

I believe it's probably the media. My Memorex BD-RE's (Ritek BW1) froze at 7% first attempt at formatting, and 17% second time. Major pains ensued when I tried to format them with either Explorer or Nero 10 HD, but I was able to eventually burn the image..which turned out crappy anyway.

My new Verbatim RE's just came an hour ago, exactly 23 minutes after my latest encoding finished (Timing is everything!!), and ImgBurn is happily formatting this disk, now at 60% and counting steadily.

Quality media is absolutely ESSENTIAL, as the good folks here are always ready to point out to us idjits ;). Verbatim and TY's are all I will get from here on in, and consider the others to be "Lesson Learned"..the hard way of course.

Hopefully the burn goes as well.

Dave

Yes, blank media BD-RE Verbatim-Europe vers. 2.1 #43614-0705-40 seems to work very fine! (In the meantime I have erased and burned for 2 times the same content with nero9. ok).

Indeed ALL my bd-re Mitsubishi Kagaku Made in Japan seem to be "corrupted" :-(

here the log file I found.

but I rember in the past that this ImgBurn has me helped very good, because a bd disc cannot been erased by nero9, but ImgBurn has successfully erased and can reuse it. very good.

I dont know what happened today. yes maybe the bad media, but I supposed that this Mitsubishi Made in Japen were the best blank media ever. Perhaps I'm wrong ;-)

thanks a lot in advance for analizing my log file.

ImgBurn.log

Edited by sch

Well, if anyone knows their media quality, it's the folks here. From what I've seen here, they've either tested everything, or are totally willing to waste some bucks & BUY something to test it out.

I'm ecstatic BTW, my Verbatim RE is my very FIRST Bluray ISO burn without any errors whatsoever! I'm doing the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy in BR, and after my Avatar Extended fiasco with Memorex RE's, this Verbatim media has my hopes up that this will work when transfered to BD-R Verbatim disks.

Best of luck in your efforts!

Dave

Thanks a lot dear Dave.

[i burn udf 2.50 because I dont make a copy iso 1:1 but I have a m2ts file from multiavchd --from dvb HD television--

then i will burn it as a avchd structure into a avchd br+r for the bd standalone player. this is my first time ;-) with SD broadcast I make a DVD avchd with no problems. but today the m2ts file is too big in size, so I have to burn intoa br+r (or bd+re for testing purpose).]

Now we are waiting what the moderator/author will tell us, after analysing the log file :-)

best,

Schützenkönig

hello.

can you confirm please that the error is due to a bad disc?

are MKM discs bad discs?

I have ordered verbatim BD+R 6x m.a.b.l. version 1.3 (I hope that my LG be06lu10 will can write this kind of discs verion 1.3 and not only 1.1...?), BD-RE 2x vers. 2.1 hard coat, serl, and Verbatim dvd+r dl 8x version 1.0 azo (but the drive can write up to 4x, but 2.4x was out of stock).

I hope my drive and your sw can handle this disc very fine ;-)

thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.