Trouble understanding creating DL image then burning

msp1518

I've read the FAQ's and researched, but I am no closer to figuring this out.

Right now I have a DVD that is 7 GB containing a film I was part of. The layer break on there is in a place we chose. I want to create an image I can burn copies of and keep that chosen layer break.

Now when I look at this guide...

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6379

It doesn't go into anything about DL. If I follow this, when it is time to burn the image onto a DL blank, ImgBurn tells me the layer break isn't chosen.

Some assistance here would be greatly appreciated. ImgBurn just confounds me. I have other issues with another project, but this one is more important so I will address it first.

Thanks, people.

That guide assumes you already have the image on your hard drive. I do not. What I have is the DVD itself and I simply cannot understand how to get that DVD imaged onto my drive, preserving the proper layer break.

I hope I am making sense.

Oh, ok if I got it straight you want to make an image of your disc. In that case just follow the first guide, because it should set the layer break according to how it is set on the disc anyways.

Go ahead an rip the disc then with the create image from disc function. When it is finished you should have an iso file, and a DVD and or MDS file. The DVD/MDS file will have the appropriate layerbreak information from your disc.

In any mode go to tools, and settings, then go to build and then page 1 tab, and make sure that in the image layout file format DVD or MDS is checked. Once you have the ISO with that file, in write mode select only the MDS or DVD file, not the ISO itself:

In case there is no layer break info (which would be rather weird), you can always manually just copy over the VIDEO_TS directory and then use the first guide I pointed to earlier, which will show you how to set the layer break before the burn.

post-35670-0-97269100-1298904877.png

Edited by Rincewind

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.