CD-DVD Speed Recorder Information

quantumred

Recorder information is normally stored on a burned disc for DVD-R but not DVD+R, at least that is my understanding.

CD-DVD Speed adds recorder information to DVD+R and DVR+R DL allowing it to be read back at a later time when doing a disc quality scan.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=187999

It would be very nice if imgburn could store the same information in a compatible way so we can tell what burner was used when we rescan our discs in the future.

Even more ideal would be:

Recorder - Firmware - Burn Speed - Date

Example:

BenQ DW1650 - BCHC - 8x - 07-30-06

I realize the date is stored when you originally burn the disc, however if you do a disc copy, the original date is retained and not the newly burned date. So recording the date it was actually burned would help.

You mean like this??

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B A117 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 2,285,905

Size: 4,681,533,440 bytes

Time: 508:00:55 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: TTG01

Recording Management Area Information:

HL-DT-ST N0E5 DVDRAM GSA-4120B

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,482,512

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

That looks like some of it. Maybe some screens will help:

The first screen shows the CD-DVD Speed Disc Info tab for a DVD-R disc. Notice the "Recorder information" field is populated.

The second screen shows and example of a disc quality scan and you can see the recorder information on the screen.

The third screen shows a DVD+R. Notice there is no "Recorder information" field and it does not appear on the following scan. DVD+R recorders do not normally save this information while DVD-R recorders do.

The point is, the CD-DVD Speed author has developed a way to somehow store the recorder information on a DVD+R, even though normally it is not stored by the recorder, when burning disks with CD-DVD Speed.

If Lightning UK can duplicate this when we burn +r with imgburn, then we can have recorder information on +r when we scan with CD-DVD Speed.

post-3519-1154293673_thumb.png

post-3519-1154293707_thumb.png

post-3519-1154293762_thumb.png

post-3519-1154293793_thumb.png

Recorder information is normally stored on a burned disc for DVD-R but not DVD+R, at least that is my understanding.

CD-DVD Speed adds recorder information to DVD+R and DVR+R DL allowing it to be read back at a later time when doing a disc quality scan.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=187999

It would be very nice if imgburn could store the same information in a compatible way so we can tell what burner was used when we rescan our discs in the future.

being able to identify what burner was used 5 years from now will accomplish what,I dont get it ,personally I dont care what burner was used as long as I have a dvd that plays flawlessly.With new technology coming out on a regular basis (blu ray next) and the price of the hardware coming down then its inevetable that there will be a new format or something LP's cassettes ,8 tracks ,8 mill cameras 16 mill single layer giving way to dual layers 1x burners 4x,8x,16x its an ever changing environment and who knows a few years from now dvd's may go the way of all the other stuff .DVD's are really new if you look at the big picture and they are evolving every day 16x speed was the max speed due to the balance issues with the discs rotating so fast they were literaly exploding inside drives when pushed faster than 16x .Testing and scanning has shown that 16x doesn't produce good scans 12x seems to be the upper limit. A sharpie marker will take care of a lot of things without making the program bloated and huge

You mean like this??

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B A117 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 2,285,905

Size: 4,681,533,440 bytes

Time: 508:00:55 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: TTG01

Recording Management Area Information:

HL-DT-ST N0E5 DVDRAM GSA-4120B

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,482,512

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Exactly :thumbup:

I would also like it to tell me where my keys are.

Edited by dontasciime

I just use google to find mine........

googlekeyszp4.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.