Newbie question - no Blu-Ray folder?

Angela

I created a slideshow with Photodex Proshow Gold, and on the "Burn to Blu-ray" tab selected to burn to an ISO file. However, it only created an ISO file, not the BDMV/BDAV and Certificate folders that are necessary for ImgBurn. Is there any way to use ImgBurn if I only have an ISO file?

Have you checked inside the ISO if the desired folder structure is there?

You can mount the ISO with Virtual Clone Drive to see what's inside the ISO.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Wow, you are good! I loaded that clonedrive software through your link, and yes the ISO file contains the two folders. So... follwoing the ImgBurn blu-ray instructions, can just load the ISO file instead of loading the two folders? Sorry if these are dumb questions (am trying to finish a slideshow for 90th birthday party...)

Well, ImgBurn did its part but unfortunately the ISO file that was created by the software (Proshow Gold 4.5) will not play so I've made a few expensive coasters. I have a related question and apologize if I should have started a new thread. I succesfully created a HD mpeg2 file (8GB) with Proshow and am hoping if I burn this to a blu-ray disk using ImgBurn that it will play on a run-of-the-mill blu-ray player. Does anyone have advice on how to best do this? I can just burn it as a data file but am unsure if most players will recognize and play the file. Is there a way to burn it using ImgBurn that will maximize my chances that it will work?

Sorry again for dumb questions -

No worries about the questions, however unfortunately imgburn will not produce a playable disc with that file as is. Imgburn does not do any kind of authoring, the video has to be prepared in advance with bluray authoring software. Once the relevant files/folders have been generated, then you can use imgburn to burn those directories/files onto the disc.

I am assuming the disc you have is something similar with the folders and files in the red rectangle of my picture. I am not too familiar with bluray video structure myself.

So since your disc is not playable and assuming you have all the files as shown here, then there are other possibilities, either the player itself can't read burn discs(not likely, but I am just listing possibilities), or the more likely cause is the authoring software. :(

post-35670-0-32995500-1299344060.png

Using the same software, I rendered the slide show to a high definition MPEG2 file. I burned the MPEG2 file to a blu-ray disk (since it was too large to burn to a standard dvd). Using my laptop with a blu-ray drive, I can run the MPEG2 file and it runs perfectly. I know that some Blu-ray players can play MPEG2 files - the one that will be used is a Sony, am still waiting on the model number. When I burned the file to disk this morning, I used the 'write files to disk'. There were several Image Options available - I randomly chose Mode1/2048, UDF 1.02. The end result worked in my laptop but maybe different options would improve the chances that a commerical blu-ray player could read the file. Would you know how best to set those Image Options? Again, am just writing a MPEG2 file to disk not messing with the ISO file which is unplayable.

Its not that simple, although bluray video can use MPEG-2 format, it has to be in a certain structure. Set top players, unlike software players are more strict on how the disc is structured and formed. Having simply an mpeg file (either .mpg, .m2v, .m2ts, etc), won't work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.