Set write buffer above 512MB?

Rex Dart

How can I set the buffer over 512MB? I've tried messing in the windows registry without any luck. I've got at least 2GB free RAM at any given time, so I'd like to set the buffer higher to reduce HDD access while burning.

Edited by Rex Dart

Do you really need it that high? If you are having buffering issues a few things you can try (besides going overboard on the buffer size itself).

Try not to do too many things that are taxing to your hd, which can affect the buffer. Update your controller drivers, and if you haven't run defrag in a while you might want to.

If though you aren't having such issues, then just go with 512MB, but even that is going overboard. This is only if you are getting buffer underruns, is when you might consider increasing the size.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edited by Rincewind

Increasing the buffer size does not necessarily guarantee you won't get buffer underruns if you do decide to do other activities that can potentially drain the buffer away from imgburn. If you really want more than 512MB, perhaps try making a request in the suggestions forum.

I very much doubt also you are really burning at 2.4x all the time. Have you checked your logs? I am willing to bet you will get write-speed miscompare warnings and you might actually be burning at faster rates since some discs/drives do not support going at slower speeds.

Edited by Rincewind

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.