Error at burn attempt

schall

• 4 weeks later...
I agree, but interestingly, no PIF. Still, it is well out of standard.

Regards

I have 2 burners, A Pioneer 110d and a LiteOn 1693s and use to use Riteks in both. The Pioneer use to burn the g05s fine, But after I firmed up to the latest, They say incompat media installed, But work fine in the LiteOn. So I've changed over to TYs (Burned about 500 so far) and of those, Only maybe 2-3 have been bad and 1 time it was due to power failure. IMHO, TYs are the SHIT!!!!!!!!!

Test the Shiteks after a couple of months, I'd take CMC any day (they've gotten a lot better lately. I suspect they learned a lot by manufacturing for Verbatim). Depends very much on the burner in question though, NEC and BenQ 1640 (with SolidBurn on) works fine... and I think the Pio 110 with latest firmware supports them pretty good also.

Edited by Qyngali

The thing is that 2 years ago Ritek was decent to good media, but that was 2 years ago, it's gone downhill since. Just google Ritek degradation or deterioration.

Gotta say though, I'm not recommending CMC either. TY or Verbatim, or anything Made in Japan (such as Maxells own MIDs) would be my choice. Cheaper discs, perhaps Ricoh, though I don't have any personal experience with their newer discs.

But of course, use whatever works for you.

Just my opinion,

Q.

most of the beta team use taiyo yuden, i myself use yudens and verbatim and up until recently ritek g05.

over the last few months the quality of them has deteriorated drastically in europe , so much so that i will not be using them. i have made quality scans on every batch i have recieved over the last year and i can see the deterioration, whereas the other discs i use stay good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.