Playable DVD-R of MP3's

Sonny3

Hey to everyone willing to help,

I was asked to burn a DVD-R full of mp3's to be playable on a DVD Player.

1. First question, and sorry if it's a stupid one, are there Standalone DVD Players (which are connected to the TV) which can play mp3's from a DVD-R Disc?

I burned the DVD-R with these settings:

I moved all the mp3's to one folder and chose it.

The settings:

Build Mode

Data Type: MODE1/2048

File System: ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF

UDF Revision: 1.02

2. Can you tell me if it would play on a capable Standalone DVD Player with these settings?

3. Did I need to add the UDF File System, or it wasn't necessary, or maybe it's a problem to use this file system in this kind of DVD?

4. What are the optimal setting for burning DVD-R or mp3's that I want to play on a standalone DVD Player?

5. And one general question, is it OK to use all the file systems (ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF) when burning AVI's, MKV's or MP3's so I don't need to worry that a standalone player won't recognize or play because of an unnecessary file system?

Thanks a lot to everyone willing to help!

1. First question, and sorry if it's a stupid one, are there Standalone DVD Players (which are connected to the TV) which can play mp3's from a DVD-R Disc?

Yes, there are. The problem isn't usually how it's burned or what it's burned with but rather the player itself. A "top-of-the-line" DVD/Blu-Ray player that costs you $300 will usually have more restrictions placed on it than a Chinese knock-off you can buy for $50 that plays almost anything. At least that's my experience.

I burned the DVD-R with these settings:

I moved all the mp3's to one folder and chose it.

The settings:

Build Mode

Data Type: MODE1/2048

File System: ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF

UDF Revision: 1.02

This looks fine.

2. Can you tell me if it would play on a capable Standalone DVD Player with these settings?

See above.

3. Did I need to add the UDF File System, or it wasn't necessary, or maybe it's a problem to use this file system in this kind of DVD?

If you don't know what it does, don't change it. That said, you didn't hurt anything.

4. What are the optimal setting for burning DVD-R or mp3's that I want to play on a standalone DVD Player?

Leave the settings alone. They work fine just as they are.

5. And one general question, is it OK to use all the file systems (ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF) when burning AVI's, MKV's or MP3's so I don't need to worry that a standalone player won't recognize or play because of an unnecessary file system?

Please see the answer above. Do yourself a favour and open up the ImgBurn settings and hit the big DEFAULT button.

The default settings are default for a reason. If you don't understand them, don't play with them. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.