google web accelerator

fizzgig

That's an odd one. Personally, I have no idea why it would do that. Possibly because ImgBurn polls (tries to connect) to Google and Yahoo and Microsoft (the 3 largest sites on the internet) to test for an internet connection before it checks for updates. I don't know why it would play up though unless the Google thingy is acting as a proxy. The boss might have a better idea.

On a side note, I'd trust this technology about as far as I could kick it. As far as fetching webpages more quickly, you'd be better off installing an updated HOSTS file than freely passing your information on to Google unnesessarily with christ knows what other crap it installs or information it collects. <paranoia mode off>

Well...it would open. That's about it. The "check for updates" selection was grayed out along with some other menu choices. Then as soon as an attempt to click the mouse anywhere, you would get the old "this program not responding". Task Manager, shut down, and so on. Uninstalled Accelerator, then worked fine.

P.S. Thanks for all the great programs. Love them all.

:D

Which web browser are you using? It may not be the accelerator as opposed to the browser. For instance, I've noticed Firefox tends to want to sometimes write to the HD, causing ImgBurn to slow down by contrast.

Just using MS Internet Explorer on XP.

The code for program update stuff is all in it's own thread. There's nothing in there that would stop the GUI from responding because it's totally unrelated.

The program update thread could hang all day (as it often does if the servers are busy!) and the program will still work just fine.

It'll only hang when you try to close the app down and it waits for the update thread to terminate.

Something weird is obviously going on but I'm not that it's 100% that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.