Burning several videos onto 1 blu-ray disc

JonathanGontar

Hi, this is my first post and question. I make videos using AVS Video Editor, which produces a BDMV folder, which I then burn to BluRay using ImgBurn (I could use AVS to burn too, but given that AVS does a lousy job of burning to DVDS, I use DVDFlick instead, and employ AVS simply for editing and producing file to burn).

Burning 1 BDMV folder to 1 BluRay disc, I can do without any problem, but when I tried to burn 2 BDMV folders (from two different videos) onto 1 BluRay disc, I got an error message from ImgBurn saying "folder with same name already exists).

I then appended a 2 to name of second folder, as a quick cheat to see if it worked, as BDMV2. ImgBurn accepted this, but would not play both videos on my TV's BluRay player, just the firt one without the added "2" (although could play back both videos on my PC by fishing in the playback list folder.

Obviously, I'm confused about how to burn two authored videos to one BluRay disc and would appreciate some help, and if a "menu" could be equally generated to enable selection of either video, that would be nice too, although I've seen nothing in ImgBurn about menu creation.

Yea you can't just add a second bdmv folder and expect everything to play. It has to follow a strict layout. If you still have the original videos on your computer, you can re-author a new bluray video disc with ALL of your videos, provided it fits on your 25GiB disc, if not you can always get a dual layer disc (50GiB).

Unfortunately this is all we can tell you since at this point this problem is more of an authoring problem, and has nothing to do with imgburn itself.

Thanks. Does that mean I have put both videos on 1 timeline and thus create 2 videos as 1 to end up with one BDMV folder?

This doesn't seem right or at least the sanest way of doing it, all the more so as in AVS you can't simply combine with copy and paste, for ex, two different videos into one.

Let's assume instead that I have 2 1080 avi videos (produced by AVS), can I directly burn these two vids to one BluRay?

If so, then what's the point of creating BDMV folder?

Thanks,

Jonathan

I'm not familiar with BluRay but should be similar to DVD Video...

Create a Bluray structure with two titles or more, that's all you need, make it fit to one disc (SL or DL as you wish) than burn it with ImgBurn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.