Using 2 Blu-Ray Drives With ImgBurn?

burni

I'm interested in making blu-ray archive copies using ImgBurn with a blu-ray write drive.

What is the optimium process, does having a second blu-ray read only drive for a Master/Slave setup speed up the process or is it best to use a single read/write drive to read to the hard drive and then write back to the single blu-ray optical drive?

My new ZT PC has a read only blu-ray drive. I don't see any master/slave jumper on the back of the drive like DVD ROM drives have, is this the norm for blu-ray drives?

Thank you.

Edited by burni

What is the optimium process, does having a second blu-ray read only drive speed up the process or is it best to use a single read/write drive to read to the hard drive and then write back to the single blu-ray optical drive?

Actually thats a good idea, and I plan to have two optical drives in my next computer. One strictly for reading, and one for writing. As of right now I am only running a burner and sometimes I use that to read as well. Sure you can use a burner for reading purposes but I also would feel more comfortable in using a read-only drive just for that purpose. I think that is the best way to increase the life of one's burner, since using the same drive for multiple purposes can wear it out faster.

Also be aware that whatever you do plan to archive with imgburn, your discs must not be copy protected. Imgburn is not designed to get around any sort of anti-copying measures, in case you had plans to backup console or movies on bluray. Just a friendly FYI ;).

My new ZT PC has a read only blu-ray drive. I don't see any master/slave jumper on the back of the drive like DVD ROM drives have, is this the norm for blu-ray drives?

Thats normal if it is NOT a PATA (IDE 40pin), but the new SATA drives. Master/Slave concepts are done away with.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.