PLEASE HELP? Need to know how to write a DVD audio from music files using IMGBurn - IF possible ?

TheJC

So, I will break this down:

1- How to create - write a audio DVD from music files to play in a car (this car plays DVDs)...?

2- If # 1 can be done using IMGBurn, then, is it also possible to make that audio DVD be played on a ONLY CD car (can any settings be changed etc? )

I like IMGBurn, but all this or part can only be done by using OTHER programs (FREE please), then I would appreciate to link me to those guides...?

Also, up to how many regular 3-4 mnt songs can fit on a DVD...?

I would really appreciate the help & thank you all much in advance.

JC.

Imgburn is not the program you are looking for. It will not make a DVD-Audio disc (DVD with AUDIO_TS directory). You have to have that prepared in advanced with some other program.

I am still not sure though exactly what you want to do. You want to take audio from a DVD-Audio disc and put it on a regular CD to play it? If so still you can't do that with imgburn. I don't know of any programs offhand that does that.

If you want to burn a DVD like a regular Audio-CD as in actual tracks, then that is also not possible either. DVD discs do not support Redbook audio.

You can only make a regular Audio-CD with Imgburn, but again you already have to have the files, either mp3, wav, flac, etc, etc.

Also you CAN burn a DVD-Audio disc with imgburn, but like I said, you have to have the files already prepared in advance from another program.

Edited by Rincewind

1. Audio DVD is a format that not much stand alone players would support, I doubt a car player will.

2. If it's ONLY CD, how can you expect to play a DVD?

I recommend to read the manual of the player and find out exactly what format it can play and support, than make the disc according.

Here is the guide for Audio CD, that your player surely will play http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

Imgburn is not the program you are looking for. It will not make a DVD-Audio disc (DVD with AUDIO_TS directory). You have to have that prepared in advanced with some other program.

I am still not sure though exactly what you want to do. You want to take audio from a DVD-Audio disc and put it on a regular CD to play it? If so still you can't do that with imgburn. I don't know of any programs offhand that does that.

If you want to burn a DVD like a regular Audio-CD as in actual tracks, then that is also not possible either. DVD discs do not support Redbook audio.

You can only make a regular Audio-CD with Imgburn, but again you already have to have the files, either mp3, wav, flac, etc, etc.

Also you CAN burn a DVD-Audio disc with imgburn, but like I said, you have to have the files already prepared in advance from another program.

It is NOT ripped from another source like a CD etc, its rather downloaded & then I want to put it on a regular DVD, not CD.......if possible that is.....reason why is, because, they are asking me to have a DVD with a lot of songs, I saw someone who burned almost 200 songs (mp3s as audio) into a DVD....but never really asked him & he is nowhere close now.

Thanks much,

JC.

If your player supports playing MP3 discs, you can burn them as normal files in Build mode.

If the player supports DVDs and MP3 discs, you can burn even more of them as normal files in Build mode.

As ianymaty said though, if the player doesn't support the reading of DVD discs, it's pointless burning to one - it won't work.

If your player supports playing MP3 discs, you can burn them as normal files in Build mode.

If the player supports DVDs and MP3 discs, you can burn even more of them as normal files in Build mode.

As ianymaty said though, if the player doesn't support the reading of DVD discs, it's pointless burning to one - it won't work.

Anyone please, is there any way to do this with another program then or a combo of programs ?(FREE please).

If yes, thanks,

JC.

1- How to create - write a audio DVD from music files to play in a car (this car plays DVDs)...?
DVD with a lot of songs, I saw someone who burned almost 200 songs

If the car player supports DVD, most probably have support for .mp3 too. Use the Write files/folders to disc mode (Build mode).

- almost 200 songs will fit on a CD (depending on the compression of the .mp3s)

- on a DVD will fit more than 800 songs (depending on the compression of the .mp3s)

2- If # 1 can be done using IMGBurn, then, is it also possible to make that audio DVD be played on a ONLY CD car (can any settings be changed etc? )

Forget about it. I pointed out in my first post. Or simply use a CD instead of DVD.

You keep asking questions but not give us information. Did you looked in the manual of the player?

What make model is your car player? Maybe we have a look at it in your place, if we have the time and mood. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.