New With Imgburn please help

Uncooked

I have been searching for the last hour to find a definitive answer and couldn't so I thought I would ask.

If I'm wanting to do a complete un-altered copy of a DVD using Imgburn am I better off creating an ISO image and burning to a DL disk OR... ripping the dvd to hard drive "video_ts" and using build mode. The whole picking my layer change / seamless or not is new to me and confusing.

IMO I would think the ISO route is the best way ? Does it use the disks original layer change since I am not asked by the program ?

I really appreciate any input on this as I am quite confused which route I should be taking. advantages / disadvantages of both etc.....

Thanks again guys !

Kyle

To copy your discs you simply can click on the create image file from disc picture in the ez-mode picker, or mode -> read mode.

When you are copying DL discs it will create a .DVD or .MDS file which holds the layer break position. When you burn ISOs that have layerbreaks it is best to load the .DVD or .MDS file, not the ISO itself.

Also note that whatever you are copying, your discs cannot be copyprotected. Imgburn will not get around any sort of copy protection, and will even tell you if the disc you are copying is copy protected.

Ok I understand the Read mode and creating a image. Now the image is saved onto my hard drive.

Now lets say i want to burn it onto my DL disk. Is it as simple as opening ImgBurn and selecting "write image file to disk" This will not select the proper layer change / the same one that was on the original disk ?

Re-read the 2nd line of the post above yours. By loading the .DVD or .MDS file, the program knows the location of the original layer break and will try and set the layer break on the blank DVD+R DL to the same place.

Yes, you'd use Read mode and then Write mode - as per this guide - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6380

Ok so after I use "read" I get two files the .iso which is 4 - 7 gigs etc... as well as a .mds which is small "kbs" all your saying is to use that little .mds file ?

Even if I click on the .iso the program says "you have selected the wrong file blah blah I will change it this time but don't do it again.

So by using that .mds file all will be good ?

Thanks alot ! Finally getting to the bottom of this ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.