Maximum number of rewritings BD RE DL media

Ok so my bd re dl media mediacode TDKBLD WFA-000, after several rewritings (in the order of 60-100), started to gimme errors writing some sectors of the disc. Tried erasing it completely but it's the erorr remains also in the erasing process....

Do you have experience in rewriting the same media several times, how much times did you successfully rewrite it?

I'm very angry right now! On the media label TDK states that you can rewrite 10000 times, that's 100 times what I've done! It's unaccettable this difference!

P.S. Obviously I've the latest firmware on my lg bh08ls20, and the media is crystal clean ( no scratches or dust EVER).

I would take the information they give you with a grain of salt. Theoretically it might be possible to rewrite 10,000 times, but there are too many variables. Condition of the disc, condition of the burner, what kind of formatting you are doing, full with or without spare areas, quick format...

Sorry I don't even use RW media anyways, too much headaches, but thats just my two cents.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.