Error while Parsing

Jann

I burned an .iso file, 142,614bytes. After the file was written and it started parsing ISO9660 but a bit into it I got the error message: Cannot read from file: C:\documents and settings\MBRWIZPE.iso. Reason: Reached the end of the file. When I hit okay, the parsing continues BUT I cannot 'feel' the CD spinning or do I not understand what parsing is and it won't make any noise? Something is going on because because when I click on EXIT I get the error message: Do you really want to stop this, or something like that. Right now I got an error message that says can't read from FIFO buffer. I was taken back to the screen where you pick your files and tell it what you want to do. Will check back here in the morning if I can't get the .iso to boot from the system I am working on. THANKS!!!

It sounds like you have a faulty image there.

The program is trying to read file/directory entries from within the file system that's taking it beyond the physical end of the file.

Here is the log file. I took a screenshot of it just in case. Could it be that the CD I am trying to do this on is bad? I used some really old, never used, CDs to do this. I say CDs because I wasn't sure of the quality of them and was sure at least one would take. When I did put this one in the laptop to boot up, all I got on the screen was about a million 'n's and nothing more. Did I see an option to show hidden files and if so, should I have checked it?

Jann learning a bunch of new things this week!! (Thanks to Roger from Firesage, and now, you)

You could rule out bad discs by mounting the iso image in a virtual drive program and then trying to use 'Read' mode to create a new image from that drive.

In theory it'll complain if you tried it that way too.

Ideally though, there would be some way of me getting my hands on that exact image file (or at least the first 5 or 10MB of it). Then I can examine it myself and figure out what's going on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.