Ability to burn an IMAGE to the HARD DISK

pokey999

If you're worried about wasting discs, get a rewritable disc, or even better, use a virtual drive like Daemon Tools / Alcohol 52% / SlySoft Virtual Clone Drive / DVDFab Virtual Drive / others.

If you're worried about wasting discs, get a rewritable disc, or even better, use a virtual drive like Daemon Tools / Alcohol 52% / SlySoft Virtual Clone Drive / DVDFab Virtual Drive / others.

Why should I have to go through all that, when the program simply can add another destination option?

That's what programs are supposed to do - make things easier for people. THEY are supposed to adapt to us... not the other way around.

No offense, but you need to change your thinking process.

the option to put an iso on your hard disk is already there, but to view an iso you will need a virtual drive

I don't need one, when I use "UNDISKER", so why would I need one with IMGBURN? It's a no-brainer - they should already have this option, without the need for additional crap. Simply annoying.

Edited by pokey999

Do you even know what you're asking for?!

You want the program to 'burn' an image to your hdd from an image that's already on your hdd?

You do realise that makes NO sense at all yeah?

If you want to be taken seriously, at least try and explain your suggestion properly and using the right terminology.

Do you even know what you're asking for?!

You want the program to 'burn' an image to your hdd from an image that's already on your hdd?

You do realise that makes NO sense at all yeah?

If you want to be taken seriously, at least try and explain your suggestion properly and using the right terminology.

WHO'S the dummy? :blink:

What happens when you burn an image to disc? I guess YOU think that it just copies the ISO, or IMG, etc., to the blank disc, WITHOUT extracting any files...

You are not even close to as intelligent as you think you are.

WOW... Please take a smart pill quickly, before you hurt yourself, or worse - somebody else!

:/

Edited by pokey999

lol are seriously questioning me?

I guess you haven't put 2 and 2 together and figured out I wrote the program. I know more about burning than you could ever hope to.

Oh and of course it doesn't extract files when burning an image. :doh:

You read a sector's worth of data (2048 bytes) from the image file and write those exact same 2048 bytes to sector 0 on the disc. Then you read the next 2048 bytes and write them to sector 1 etc etc.

lol are seriously questioning me?

I guess you haven't put 2 and 2 together and figured out I wrote the program. I know more about burning than you could ever hope to. Oh and of course it doesn't extract files when burning an image. :doh:

You read a sector's worth of data (2048 bytes) from the image file and write those exact same 2048 bytes to sector 0 on the disc. Then you read the next 2048 bytes and write them to sector 1 etc etc.

Yes, I am SERIOUSLY questioning you. Author... ya whatever... The fact that you can't take those chunks of bytes, and write them consecutively into a user-chosen/created directory, may not say much for your ability.

Try out "Undisker" - It EASILY does what your limpware software can't.

Geeeze...!?!

P.S: Simply tell me if you are able to do that as well, AND add it to the program... Don't take the coward's way out, by deleting this thread... there's no shame if you can't code that type of procedure. A great programmer can take criticism without throwing a tantrum.

***** A T T E N T I O N ***** Only responses from "LIGHTNING UK" Please. Thank-You.

:bye:

Edited by pokey999

Try out "Undisker" - It EASILY does what your limpware software can't.

Benefits of the full version of Undisker:

Remove the 30-day time limit

Seriously, you bought a program that you can get the same functions for free from http://www.7-zip.org/ or any other similar program. :wacko:

lol if you take those 'chunks of bytes' and write them to a folder on the hdd, you end up with (a copy of) exactly what you started with - another image file.

1. cynthia, I didn't need to buy undisker full. Can you say "torrent"?

2. does spinningwheel have anything better to do? My guess is no.

3. why does lightninguk keep trying to find excuses NOT to put this handy option into his super-duper software?

Hmmmm... I knew it.

Edited by pokey999

cynthia, I didn't need to buy undisker full. Can you say "torrent"?

We don't really condone stealing others property here :pirate: , so that is not an option on the board.

does spinningwheel have anything better to do?

Not at this time, we're getting quite a lot of rain here in the Buckeye state and I can't get the boat :boat: home to prep it for the season; so I guess I'll just keep on commenting on your silly assed :horse: posting.....

why does lightninguk keep trying to find excuses NOT to put this handy option into his super-duper software?

Maybe because it's his :king: software and he doesn't need to?

Hmmmm... I knew it.

Nope, I don't think you do :whatever: .

cynthia, I didn't need to buy undisker full. Can you say "torrent"?

We don't really condone stealing others property here :pirate: , so that is not an option on the board.

does spinningwheel have anything better to do?

Not at this time, we're getting quite a lot of rain here in the Buckeye state and I can't get the boat :boat: home to prep it for the season; so I guess I'll just keep on commenting on your silly assed :horse: posting.....

why does lightninguk keep trying to find excuses NOT to put this handy option into his super-duper software?

Maybe because it's his :king: software and he doesn't need to?

Hmmmm... I knew it.

Nope, I don't think you do :whatever: .

You are all correct. I am stupid. I am clueless. I don't know what I'm talking about. I just thought I would try to sound important, because my IQ is only 78. It would be nice to be smart like you people, but alas, I will never be. Goodbye, from your pal, the Idiot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.