I/O error with so many media brands :(

fritz

hey ladies and gentlemen i'm new here :)

so, i've been having HUGE troubles with my LG GH22NS30, i know its a cheap burner, but it (was) working ok! now, she spits almost ANY brand of dual layer disk, Picassa, Ritek, Matrix, haven't tried with Verbatim since it's so hard to find on my country, here, i have a log of the more recent failure, i wanna know if its a problem with my configuration, or my burner really

The burner NEVER gives any trouble when burning DVD's or CD's, only with DL dvds

any help would be apreciated guys

ImgBurn1.log

I 12:20:36 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 12:20:36 Write Speed: 1x

You selected 1x which clearly is not supported, not even 2.4x so it defaulted to 4x. Try either 6x or 8x next. Your firmware seems up to date, so that covers any potential updates.

The problem with DL discs, is that the chances for an error are greater due to burner/media combo. Ritek DLs aren't that great, but there are even worse discs besides those (CMC-MAG). If you cannot find Verbatim +R DLs from within your country, consider going online, since burning any other DL discs is just not worth it.

I don't think you would need to replace your burner just yet, unless it is a slimline (notebook) burner. Again, see if you can order Verbatim +R DL discs online and see if that works if not, then it might be time for a new burner.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.