Does ImgBurn contain spyware/malware?

DSN-Owner

I'm sitting here wondering whether ImgBurn has any back doors or "check-in" features that talk out to the internet. I hear lots of good things about this program. Sadly, a LOT of wares out there come with some type of spyware/malware. Also, spyware/malware may be added into the app by the mirrors hosting it, so I'm reluctant to put it on my network. I'm installing it today on my DMZ with a spy monitor to watch it. Anyone wanna weigh-in on this subject? Is this program "clean"?

DSN

:ninja:

I suppose it's not impossible that someone out there will package ImgBurn 2 with some malware in a custom installer. :angry:

A_T, This is why people should always download Imgburn from this site. The arthor has never and will never include anything in his program but the main program itself. NO SPYWARE/MALWARE or NO VIRUS of any kind EVER. :thumbup:

I for one always get programs from their original sites when possible. :)

I'm sitting here wondering whether ImgBurn has any back doors or "check-in" features that talk out to the internet. I hear lots of good things about this program. Sadly, a LOT of wares out there come with some type of spyware/malware. Also, spyware/malware may be added into the app by the mirrors hosting it, so I'm reluctant to put it on my network. I'm installing it today on my DMZ with a spy monitor to watch it. Anyone wanna weigh-in on this subject? Is this program "clean"?

DSN

:ninja:

despite assurances from regular members here, and offending the author at the same time , i have to admit i was suprised to see such a question on a MAIN support forum for a program .

i think your best bet is to stick with some other lesser burning software if you have any doubt :)

Well, there are the mind altering subroutines that make you want celery, corn, wombats with Tweety waterwings to engage with necrophagic sex with mice... :unsure:

But, as you can attest to, no dogs are involved. Woof! :D

I am pleased to confirm that even that is no longer the case !!!

DogsBum.JPG

From this post:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=21793

I'm actually quite offended by this thread!

Of course it doesn't contain spyware/malware....what kind of arsehole do you think I am?! :P

Don't blame you for being offended, what a stupid thing to ask!! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm actually quite offended by this thread!

Of course it doesn't contain spyware/malware....what kind of arsehole do you think I am?! :P

Don't blame you for being offended, what a stupid thing to ask!! :angry:

Offended makes sense, however these days it is far from a stupid question, there are enough... how shall I put this... Total :swear: loser :swear: :swear: wannabe :swear:'s out there creating pointless, useless garbage programs loaded with spyware etc. that one has to be carefull. Unfortunately this occasionally includes supposedly reputable companies :greedy:.

The softpedia award image is on the home page, however I've seen at least one program with that on their page that when clicked on took you to a lookalike site that tried to install spyware. Reported them to softpedia :zorro: and they seem to be gone now, but one never knows do one.

Of course without all that spyware, where would the techs be getting the beer money they get now for charging to clean off user* systems. :beer:

* user (noun) usually offensive : a person affected with idiocy, often used as an explicative after hanging up the phone. Or reading a post...

i admit, i did ask LUK to put webcam spyware in Ib , so i could watch all the women members getting undressed ready for bed, sadly my probation officer read my post and i was unable to download the latest version from the -5* hotel they put me up in .

worse was still to come after i got out, it turned out LUK DIDNT follow my suggestion after all :lol:

seriously, a simple run of spybot,adaware and otehr similar progs will reveal that theres no spyware.

its an open fact that the program will try to find google and 2 other servers( cant remember which now) to see if theres a connection when the "check for updates" box is checked, otherwise, its squeeky cleen :thumbup:

i admit, i did ask LUK to put webcam spyware in Ib , so i could watch all the women members getting undressed ready for bed, sadly my probation officer read my post and i was unable to download the latest version from the -5* hotel they put me up in .
According to blu the webcam spyware is going to be in 2.1. That's why he's so bent on it's release. :w00t::w00t:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.