Temporary solution for "ACM Not posstible" audio files

sorewinner

I use ImgBurn exclusively for burning discs, and have never had any issues. I've noticed that while adding MP3 files to a CUE list, once in a while ImgBurn would choke on a file, saying:

21:37:43 File Name: G:\xxx.mp3
21:37:43 Reason: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.
21:37:43 Hint: You may need to install some additional DirectShow filters in order to support files of this type or the file might be corrupt.
21:37:45 acmFormatSuggest Failed!
21:37:45 File Name: G:\xxx.mp3
21:37:45 Reason: ACM - Not possible.

or:

21:36:45 File Name: G:\yyy.mp3
21:36:45 Reason: ACM - Not possible.
21:37:43 ConnectFilters(Source, Sample Grabber) Failed!

I had read some older threads (from 2008) concerning this, and the issue was usually a problem with ID3v2.4 tags. This was never the case for me, since the offending files never had v2.4 tags. I could never find anything wrong with the files. I completely ignored Gspot, since it is unable to render ANY MP3 files I feed it, even though it says I have the codec for it. WMP never has any problems playing these MP3 files, even though I never use it. Anyway, long story short, I noticed that ImgBurn would have no problem with the file if I temporarily removed the album art JPG from it. Burn the disc, restore the album art to the file, done.

I'm not sure why ImgBurn (or DirectShow?) would choke on the file if it had album art. If I have a problematic file, I remove the album art, import it into ImgBurn's CUE list, and I have no problem. Hope this helps anyone who has this problem.

Log snippets are of little use, post the entire thing please. Oh and don't post logs from / comment about old versions - it's impossible to say at this point which version of the program you're having trouble with.

Even if DirectShow filters can't cope with album art being included in the ID3 tag, ACM should still work on most MP3 files.

If you have a file that doesn't work send it (or one from a collection of files that don't work) to me at the 'support' email address and I'll examine it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.