How to extract the soundtrack of a DVD into mp3's onto my PC

LoneSky

Goodday! I don't know IF this subject/topic has been covered before: I did do a search & couldn't find it. This is what I'm trying to do:

I have a commercially-produced educational DVD which has various segments of somebody talking about different subjects (hence the 5 different segments on it). When I did an "explore", not surprisingly, the 2 folders showed up: AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS. When I expanded the VIDEO_TS further, it showed 5 files of the type VBS_01...., as well as some .IFO & .BUP files.

What I want to do is to be able to extract the audio of each of the 5 separate presentations into an mp3 format in my PC, and then transfer all those mp3's into my mp3-mp4 player so that I could listen to the audio from the DVD in my player when I'm on the bus or something.

I'm sure this is not something difficult to do. Can someone advise how this is done?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Imgburn won't help you. You need demuxing utilities to extract audio from VOB files. Also since it is a 'commercial' DVD, you might run into problems since chances are it is copyprotected.

I'm afraid you are just going to have to google your issue, since this isn't something we can really help you with.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.