HELP!!

Matt Hatchett

Hey guys Im new to this whole DVD burning thing and Im having some trouble. I have burnt a couple DVDs and they play on my laptop but will not play on my DVD player? I have a Matshita UJ890AS drive and Im using DVD+R. Ive done a lot of research and the only solution I can come up with is to change the booktype but when I try to do that using IMGBurn it doesnt have an option for my drive? ANY suggestions will help!! Apologies in advance if I dont understand the info right away, once again Im a NewB!

Post the log of your burn please.

Just to clarify you are burning a VIDEO_TS directory with IFO,BUP,VOB files right? That is what you need to have a DVD-Video compliant disc.

If so, then did you test the disc on a software DVD player? PowerDVD,WinDVD NOT vlc though.

If it does play in a software DVD player, is your DVD in the correct TV-System format? PAL for Europe, NTSC for US & Canada (don't confuse this with DVD-Region codes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8).

If it is a relatively new drive, I don't think you would have to mess with the booktype manually, but thats my guess.

But right now, lets just cover the basics first. Logs, plus the questions I asked :).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.