Burn .wmv file to cd w/Imgburn

jcage

I'm trying to use Imgburn to burn a fairly small (50MB) .wmv file onto a CD or DVD and haven't had much luck using Imgburn. The .wmv file was created using camera software on my Windows 7 machine and I'm trying to burn to a usable disk where others without computer access can watch that video okay on their standard DVD player.

I've tried selecting "create image file from files/folders" in my Imgburn 2.5.5 and no luck with CD or DVD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

john

Imgburn burns 'as is' and will not turn your .wmv file into a DVD-Video disc.

If you want your content to be played on a set-top DVD Player, you first need to convert your .wmv file into the proper DVD-Video format, (VIDEO_TS directory with IFO,BUP,VOB files). DVDFlick will do this, and it is free.

Once you have converted your content to DVD-Video format, you THEN can use imgburn to burn that to disc.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

-edit

Also even though the content is small enough to fit on a CD-R, do not burn it to a CD-R! Use a DVD+R or DVD-R instead.

The reason for this is that most set-top DVD Players will probably not allow playback of DVD-Video on such discs. They expect a DVD disc (pressed or burned), and most of the time set top players will reject the disc if it is a CD-R with VIDEO_TS content.

Edited by Rincewind

ImgBurn burns files 'as is'.

So if you burn a wmv, you'll end up with a wmv on a disc - NOT what you appear to be after.

Use something like DVDFlick or ConvertXtoDVD to convert the wmv into a nice set of DVD Video files (VIDEO_TS folder with IFO/VOB/BUP files) and then burn that with ImgBurn.

Imgburn burns 'as is' and will not turn your .wmv file into a DVD-Video disc.

If you want your content to be played on a set-top DVD Player, you first need to convert your .wmv file into the proper DVD-Video format, (VIDEO_TS directory with IFO,BUP,VOB files). DVDFlick will do this, and it is free.

Once you have converted your content to DVD-Video format, you THEN can use imgburn to burn that to disc.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

-edit

Also even though the content is small enough to fit on a CD-R, do not burn it to a CD-R! Use a DVD+R or DVD-R instead.

The reason for this is that most set-top DVD Players will probably not allow playback of DVD-Video on such discs. They expect a DVD disc (pressed or burned), and most of the time set top players will reject the disc if it is a CD-R with VIDEO_TS content.

DVD FLick did the trick. Thanks for the replies guys - appreciate it very much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.