Apple applications

Jaybuck

The search function didn't yield much for this subject.

Has Imgburn ever had any conflicts with applications from Apple? I have this Dell Inspiron laptop, which my grand daughter, has been using. She has installed programs for her I-phone & I-pad to download ring tones, music, etc on this machine. Since getting it back, I haven’t been able to open Imgburn application. I never had any problems before all the Apple stuff. I even uninstalled the software, downloaded the latest version, installed it and still get this popup: “c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.” When opening the desktop shortcut, I get the following popup: “c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem”.

I have full administrative rights/permissions on this computer. I’m the only one that uses it now. I have no problems with Imgburn on my main desktop computer. In fact I’ve got/had Roxio & Nero burning software both, but never use them anymore. I think Imgburn is simpler, faster & superior to either of them.

Disable your antivirus/anti-malware program (some of them choke on the UPX compression ImgBurn uses) and reinstall ImgBurn again using the latest version.

If you're using Vista/Windows 7 and UAC enabled, you should get the UAC prompt asking for administrator rights when installing ImgBurn.

//edit ianymaty is on a roll today :D

Thanks to both of you, it worked. It is strange, I've used this software on 3 different computers, all running XP & Kaspersky Internet Security & this is the 1st time it wouldn't open with antivirus enabled.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.