Changing BD-RE DL format size to stay away from edge?

spongebob128

I am new to DL (Dual Layers) and I am burning Blu Ray BD-REs. Previously with single layer, I would limit the size of a burn to stay away from the edge of the media. This seemed important for junk (Ritek/CMC/etc) DVD+RW/DVD-RWs as the error rate at the end of these discs would go through the roof. The problem is with DL, from my understanding, is that it goes to the end of the disc and starts going backwards. Is there anyway to limit how close it gets to the edge with DL discs. I tried "minimum" on format size and that seemed to help, but the BIS spike at the crossover was still there on one of my DL discs.

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it. The LB position is always at the end of the layer and cannot be moved like it can on DVD+R DL.

The spike won't be because of where on the disc (radius wise) you're burning to. I bet if you burnt past that point (on the same layer) you wouldn't see a spike at all. I don't know why the LB shows up as a spike sometimes, it just does - blame the drive's firmware!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.