Failure to burn

Helene2

Try a lens cleaning disc, in case there are dust particles on the lens. It seems that you are running the latest firmware on your burner so that also rules that out.

Then try again, if it still doesn't work...

It might be because of this:

I 14:06:47 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 1x, 2x, 4x)

Your issue could actually be solved just by getting better media. CMC MAG AM3 is pretty much crap. Go for Verbatim +R discs that have the disc ID MCC.

Edited by Rincewind

Thanks for your quick reply. I will get a lens cleaning disc and try that. I couldn't update the firmware myself so I sent the rewriter to a company called SVP communications and they did it for me. They didn't have time to try lots of different discs but they told me that Datawrite Titanium discs definitely worked and I have been using them successfully ever since (although I have tried some different brands, including Verbatim, and they didn't work.) All the time I have been using IMGburn successfully, I have been using the Datawrites.

Try a lens cleaning disc, in case there are dust particles on the lens. It seems that you are running the latest firmware on your burner so that also rules that out.

Then try again, if it still doesn't work...

It might be because of this:

I 14:06:47 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 1x, 2x, 4x)

Your issue could actually be solved just by getting better media. CMC MAG AM3 is pretty much crap. Go for Verbatim +R discs that have the disc ID MCC.

I never heard of "data write titanium", and anyways 'for the most part' brand name isn't always relevant (except for Verbatim mostly).

You can buy all the brand names, such as TDK, Maxell etc. That all is irrelevant, what is relevant is as I stated before the dye(disc ID). You'll be shocked to see under imgburn each burnable disc what the disc ID is. It is never the brand itself (except maybe sometimes on BD-Rs). For DVDs and CDs in store bought discs tend to either have CMC-MAG for the disc ID, as shown in your log, or Ritek.

Verbatim discs have been seen to have the better quality for DVD+R discs (MCC = Mitsubishi Chemical Company). For CD-Rs it is something like TYxx (Tayo-Yuden), and just to avoid confusion Tayo Yuden is not Verbatims but are also recommended for CD-Rs, and I think DVD - or +, I could never remember that one. LUK would know ;).

I don't know why your drive would not accept DVD+R Verbatim discs, perhaps it is a bad batch? In any case you should consider ordering online.

If for some odd/dumb reason your burn absolutely refuses to burn Verbatim discs, then at that point you may as well consider a new burner, but again that would be the last resort. I find it suspect that your burner would refuse to burn higher quality media... :wacko:

Edited by Rincewind

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.