Regarding DVD+R DL Booktype

FiReStOrM^

Lately every time I burn a DVD+R DL disc with ImgBurn (what else?) but it ALWAYS ends up showing as DVD-ROM Booktype.

This shows on the ImgBurn log window AND when I scan it on DVDInfo Pro.

This is happening with drives that cannot even change booktype in the first place.

What is going on here?

Thanks,

Alan

Edited by FiReStOrM^

A log of such a burn would be nice.

That I am afraid I cannot do right now as I have coastered about 30 or more of my DVD+R DL discs (don't ask, I just wouldn't give up without a fight lol... a fight I am losing I'm afraid).

Anyway I ordered a whole bunch more new discs today so when I receive them I shall post the burn logs for you from a couple of the drives.

One of them, the PIONEER DVR-215D I have now learned automatically sets the booktype of DVD+R DL so that drive I can scratch from the list, but there is DEFINITELY at least one that cannot change booktype at all, the one in this laptop which is the TEAC DVW28SLC. Possibly the one in my other laptop which is a TSST TS-L633A. This one I did flash to a different firmware (one that changed the OEM code and such) now that could be why that particular drive was changing booktype, but the problem is it was doing it just like the samsung, automaticall as I could not manually set the booktype through ImgBurn or DVDInfo Pro..

Anyway that's a little bit more info for you until my new discs arrive.

Thanks,

Alan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.