imgburn vs nero or other burning software

life

Im faily new at this,i was wandering what the avantages are with burning with imgburn beside the fact that is free compared to other burners out there i never burned a dull layer the media is to expensive right now. I have however in the past burned with dvdd if it was a single layer movie and the guality was great. never made a coaster. but alot of the movies are 2 layer and i shrink them with dvd2on1, but latly i been trying "dvd shrink" with them and useing imgburn, so far so good thanks LUK. Plus im just now learning the different types of the files example vob iso iso image ifo ,ete etc, thats the hard part . thanks :)

One of the great things about ImgBurn is the queue feature which allows you to add multiple images to a list and have a user-defined amount of copies of each burned automagically. Not sure if it's in the public release (I don't think it it is), but it's in the latest beta version. Keep your eye out for a new version.

imgburnqueue.jpg

@ life the ease of use ability to auto burn w/ numerous prog's makes this a favorite

the added functionality (firmware update, booktyping etc) Set's this prog apart!

plus the author/ beta testers are unparalleled ( just don't tell them that they get big headed ;) )

all this plus the updates that were alway's forthcoming as they were needed, looks like another shortly,

is why I alway's relied on my right hand man (no jokes LOL) imgburn!!

@Shamus. Which firmware you got in on your pioneer 109. ?

And regardless of which firmware you got in, have you ever had discs failing to start to burn, ie @ about 23*-seconds it should go from leadin to write image, it even goes over a couple of minutes and is not writing anything so i have to cancel, does this with a few diff kinds of media, this is with the old program you were beta on.. just curious to see if this happened to you, thanks

Im using 1.58 i think whichever is latest.

@ life the ease of use ability to auto burn w/ numerous prog's makes this a favorite

the added functionality (firmware update, booktyping etc) Set's this prog apart!

plus the author/ beta testers are unparalleled ( just don't tell them that they get big headed ;) )

all this plus the updates that were alway's forthcoming as they were needed, looks like another shortly,

is why I alway's relied on my right hand man (no jokes LOL) imgburn!!

:) thanks , u broke that down pretty good :D

Shamus_McFartfinger, thanks for the reply but im sorry i asked, i have no clue what any of that meant sorry :huh:

Well, instead of selecting an image and then burning it, then selecting another image and burning it - the queue feature allows you to select a bunch of images to be burned one after another. In the picture above from my previous post you can see 6 images selected. All I have to do to burn all 6 is just keep feeding disks into the drive. Once an image is burned, take the disk out and throw in another one for ImgBurn to continue. It's a snappy feature. :)

@Shamus. Which firmware you got in on your pioneer 109. ?

And regardless of which firmware you got in, have you ever had discs failing to start to burn, ie @ about 23*-seconds it should go from leadin to write image, it even goes over a couple of minutes and is not writing anything so i have to cancel, does this with a few diff kinds of media, this is with the old program you were beta on.. just curious to see if this happened to you, thanks

Im using 1.58 i think whichever is latest.

Using 1.58 also. Can't say that I've seen the problem you're having..... with either of my 109s or with that old program. The problem is intermittent?

Shamus_McFartfinger, thanks for the reply but im sorry i asked, i have no clue what any of that meant sorry :huh:

Well, instead of selecting an image and then burning it, then selecting another image and burning it - the queue feature allows you to select a bunch of images to be burned one after another. In the picture above from my previous post you can see 6 images selected. All I have to do to burn all 6 is just keep feeding disks into the drive. Once an image is burned, take the disk out and throw in another one for ImgBurn to continue. It's a snappy feature. :)

Ok now i see, thanks :D

I had this problem way back when I was using the Nec 2500 and the answer was to reduce the burning speed after I did all burned fine ,might work for you

yep the problem is intermittent, can go 20 discs without it, then bang next couple do it using various tyg02, ttg02, MCC 02RG20. the only ones it has not done this on are CMC MAG. AE1 (which i use for xbox games and divx)

Though it may be down to various usb 2 devices being added, i will find out when i re install this weekend with all usb2 external hds writers etc attached at windows hardware install.

just wondered if any other users of 109 had noticed it, it writes a small ring on disc which makes disc useless after, so it would also appear down to the way the , rather my 109 is writing leadin, the only other drive i have seen the leadin stage get stuck in is also an NEC 3540 first firmware, though i fixed that on my friends comp by reinstalling windows in her computer.

ok thanks for the feedback.

Edited by dontasciime

Isn't the burning engine much more reliable than Neros?

in a nutshell, yes.

hence the reason for ImgBurn . Nero falls down in many ways and one of them is its burning engine .

the burning engine to ImgBurn was tested many many times in a previous program and its reliability was honed over a few years . what you get now is the culmination of several hundred thousand forum members testing ( if you like) and any flaws was corrected at the time they was reported .

• 1 month later...
One of the great things about ImgBurn is the queue feature which allows you to add multiple images to a list and have a user-defined amount of copies of each burned automagically. Not sure if it's in the public release (I don't think it it is), but it's in the latest beta version. Keep your eye out for a new version.

imgburnqueue.jpg

That feature looks like a real time saver. Just a question though, I notice that it allows you to select the number of copies. Is this per ISO or for the whole group? Say if you want 3 copies of one .ISO and 2 of another but yet 1 of another, is this possible? If not yet, maybe someday?

EDIT: Or is it possible just to simply add the same ISO more than once. Just thinking about that after I posted.

Edited by Excellerator

It's a per image option, so yeah you can have 1 copy of 1 image, 3 of the next, 2 of the one after that etc.

Yes you can also have an image in the queue more than once.

I have been a DVDDecrypter user for years now and I was sad to see it go, but I am glad to see that you are still writing. It would have been a shame to see such talent go to waste! Your donation was sent!!!! Keep up the good work, always look forward to seeing whats next from you. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.