error message : unable to disable media notification

bex

I had to format then reinstall windows

and on a clean system I am now getting this

Image1.jpg

A certain other program tthat may are not have been written by the host of this forum comes up with a similar error also

thing is you click on cancel and to error goes away and there is nothing in the log file

if you change mode or exit the program it comes up again

it worked fine before the format just most of the other stuff I use did not

any thoughts

Edited by bex

Have you installed / not installed some drivers that were / were not installed before?

How about any other programs that do stuff with drives etc?

If the message really won't go away and you can't find the reason why, just diable the 'Disable Media Change Notification' option in the settings.

all that's on that drive is

xp home

upgraded with all the critical patches anf net framework

avg free

windows defender

office 2003

I have put a sata card in it ( silicon image siI 3112 ) it since and its prolly that

strange

I guess Silicon Image aren't building their drivers properly then.

Seen a couple of instances where this API call fails and the machine shows signs of certain SI hardware / drivers).

I got the card cheap off ebay and had to flash the bios before it would reliably find the hard drive so thats not good.

Strange that they should cause a problem they are signed drivers

I hope that you apreciate knew this needed to go of the support forum and not the bug forum unlile most of the posts on that forum that are problems with discs or hardware setups and nothing to do with imgburn

Edited by bex

• 3 weeks later...

I had exactly the same problem , exactly the same situation with an Sil 3112 SATA card.

During my system rebuild (29/Aug/2006) I just downloaded the driver thru Windows Update and everything seemed fine until I ran Imgburn/DVD Decrypter.

I've now fixed the problem by using the driver I downloaded at the time I updated the firmware on the card. It was actually a RAID card but I flashed it to Non-Raid & had the matching firmware/driver installed previously.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.